The package includes
- 22 hours of tennis training
- 5 to 10 hours of physical training depending on age
- Tennis Training Program
- Medical Insurance
- Transportation to and from BARCELONA’s Airport – El Prat de Llobregat (only booked with accommodation)
- Daily Transportation(only booked with accommodation)
- Laundry Service(for stays of more than one week)
- Dinner(only booked with accommodation)
- Energy point (morning or afternoon)
- Club Membership – Use of Facilities
- Wireless Internet
- Physiotherapy Service and Specialists Consultation
- Registration Fee
- 5 hours of language classes-$132
- Federetive License -$44 (The Law of Sport “Llei de l’Esport 8/1999” of the Generalitat de Catalunya requires all clubs that organize any physical or sporting activities, to obtain a federative license to all persons participating in them, which covers health care and individual civil liability
- In case of choosing package without accommodation Daily Transportation costs $44
About the Program
The Academia Sánchez-Casal is a high performance training facility that combines tennis and education for students, with the objective of shaping successful young people in diverse aspects of their lives. The Academia Sánchez-Casal has a Unique Training System established by coaches with a worldwide reputation. Sánchez-Casal has developed elite players such as Kuznetsova, Murray, Dimitrov, Hantuchova, Ivanovic, Mónaco, Bovina, among others.
The Weekly Tennis Program combines High Performance Tennis Training, which includes technical exercises and tactical strategy and competition, with specific physical training and mental training. The Weekly Tennis Program also includes daily Language Classes in either Spanish or in English, given by native teachers from ES International School which is situated inside the Sánchez-Casal facilities.
About the Academy
Founded in 1998 by Emilio Sánchez Vicario and Sergio Casal, the Academia Sánchez-Casal is an educational institution with the highest standards and a proven track record in developing successful young people through all stages of their lives. Using tennis and education within the ‘Academia’ framework as the vehicle for personal development, our student athletes will continue to be good citizens of the world long after they leave our care. Their Mission at the Academia Sánchez-Casal is "creating opportunities in tennis, in education, in life."
They focus on teaching and harnessing our core values of education, competitiveness, enthusiasm and industriousness. The academy has a unique training system as well as a high Performance Research centre. The academy offers great study programs to juniors that include schooling and languages programs as well as weekly training camps for kids and adults of all levels.
The Weekly Tennis Program offered from September until June with the exception of the weeks that are part of the Summer
The Weekly Tennis Program respects all observed holidays in accordance with the official Spanish calendar and reduces the hours of training during those days. The observed holidays are: January 1st and 6th, March 25th and 28th, May 1st and 16th, June 24th, August 15th, September 11th and 24th, October 12th, November 1st, December 6th, 8th, 25th and 26th.
Weekly Schedule for Juniors over 14y.o. (From Monday to Friday)
- 07:00-08:00 Breakfast*
- 09:00-11:00 Physical Training
- 11:00-11:15 Energy Point
- 12:00-14:00 Tennis Training
- 14:00-15:00 Lunch
- 15:45-16:15 Mental Training***
- 16:15-18:15 Tennis Training
- 18:15-19:00 Shower / Break
- 19:00-20:00 Dinner*
- 20:00-22:00 Time off*
- 22:00-22:30 Check-in at Night*
Saturday 8:00 - 10:00 Tennis
Weekly Schedule for Juniors under 14y.o. (From Monday to Friday)
- 08:00-08:45 Breakfast*
- 09:30-10:30 Language Classes**
- 10:30-11:00 Mental Training***
- 11:00-13:00 Tennis Training
- 13:00-14:00 Shower / Lunch
- 14:00-15:15 Break
- 15:15-17:15 Tenis Training
- 17:15-17:20 Energy Point
- 17:20-18:15 Physical Training
- 19:00-20:00 Dinner*
- 20:00-22:00 Time off*
- 22:00-22:30 Check-in at Night*
Saturday 8:00 - 10:00 Tennis
* Only for student-athletes boarding on Campus.
** Only if previously contracted
*** Only Monday or Tuesday of the first week
The Academy offers three types of on campus accommodation:
- Residence: The residence building offers a single and double rooms equipped with air conditioning and heating, telephone, satellite TV, and free WIFI.
- Bungalows: The bungalows offer fully equipped double rooms with bathroom, air conditioning, heating, free satellite TV, and free WIFI.
- Apartments: There are six magnificent apartments on campus, all on the second floor of the bungalow area. This idyllic location overlooks the swimming pool and academy grounds. Each apartment has two bedrooms, a lounge with TV, a fridge and a bathroom with shower. These apartments have their own separate entryway providing exclusive access to the apartment area via an electronic card. Apartment users have the possibility to request half board or full board in the restaurant.
The campus security is monitored 24 hours a day by staff, and through internal close-circuit video cameras.
Services offered in the program
- Tennis- Program includes tennis training every day (from Monday to Friday) and on Saturday, in which the student works on the technical and tactical aspects of the game as well as court mobility and positioning, based on the Sánchez-Casal system in order to enhance their tennis and develop a better game from all areas of the court. Each student is assigned to a coach, who is responsible for monitoring the development of the player. All of the coaches from the technical team are RPT and USPTA certified.
- Physical training-Depending on the age of the student-athlete, the physical training can either be 1 or 2 hours daily from Monday to Friday. With the objective of improving in this short period of time, the student-athlete trains all the physical abilities such as resistance, strength, speed, agility, coordination, and flexibility. Special emphasis in injury prevention.
- Competition calendar (Summer camp only)-For stays longer than one week, the student-athletes have the opportunity of participating in local tournaments that are offered weekly in the facility or the surrounding area, as well as in national or even international events that are being held at the time of the stay. In this case, every student-athlete will receive a personal tournament calendar appropriate to his or her age and level. Competition fees are not included in the price of the program. For more information, please go to the tournaments tab on the Academy's website.
- Mental training-The weekly program includes a mental training session given by the head psychologist. The session deals with fundamental aspects of psychology in tennis and is integrated into the training system of Academia Sánchez-Casal.
- Language classes (Optional)-The language classes take place in the ES International School, an American school located inside the facilities. Student-athletes have the option of choosing between English or Spanish classes, given by native teachers. The classes are divided by levels (beginner, intermediate, and advanced).
- Airport transfer-The Academy will pick up all student-athletes registered in the boarding tennis program. The transportation service can provide its services with a minimum notice of 7 days prior to the arrival date, and by providing flight information such as the airline company, time of arrival, and flight number. Pick-ups are only offered at the Barcelona Airport "El Prat de Llobregat". The transportation service is available between 9.00am and 6.00pm. For any additional transportation during the year, 48 hour notice is required and pickup will be confirmed depending on availability of our drivers.
- "UM" SUPPORT SERVICE-For those who have requested a “UM” (Unaccompanied Minor) service with their airline, the Academy also offers a support service
by having one of our staff members accompany the student at all times until he/she is picked up by the airline company and
taken to the gate. In order to request this service, the Academy has to be informed that the student has a “UM” service booked
with the airline company, as well as providing us with the flight information in advance. The name of the person who will
accompany the student will be provided by the Academy a few days before the arrival or departure of the flight.
- DAILY TRANSPORTATION-The Academia Sánchez-Casal offers a daily transportation service to and from the host families’ houses for students who choose this accommodation option. For other students registered in the annual program but not residing with a host family, the transportation service is available on request only and for an extra fee.
1 Week Including Accommodation-$1475
1 Week Excluding Accommodation-$945
Enquire us with your preferred dates via email [email protected] and we will get back to you asap.
Registration and payment methods
The registration of the program will be finalized by:
- Completing and sending the registration form, (that will be provided by the Admissions Department once availability is confirmed) signed by the student as well as the father, mother or legal tutor if the student is under 18 years of age.
- Sending a copy of the passport or identity card of the student.
- Payment of the total amount one month before starting date.
The registration process will not be finalized until all requirements from above are met. Payments can be made by credit card or by bank transfers. If payments are done by bank transfer, the bank commissions have to be paid by the sender.
Completion of the registration implies the acceptance of the general conditions described herein, as well as the acceptance of the Code of Internal Regulations of the Academia Sánchez-Casal.
Items that a student must bring
Rackets • Sportswear • Tennis and running shoes • Tennis string and grips • Notebook and pens • Bathrobe, bath and hand towels • Toiletry bag • Alarm clock • Swimsuit and Beach Towel • Beach sandals • Sun screen cream • Hats or visors • Insect Repellent • Casual clothes for trips
Sheets • Blankets • Clothes hangers • Refrigerator
General standards to be followed by all students
During their stay at the Academy, students are expected to treat all persons with respect. The Academy makes available its material and personnel resources for each student to be able to develop successfully, and each student is expected to display honesty and hard work in every aspect of Academy life.
The registration to any program of the Academy includes Comprehensive Medical Care underwritten by Seguro Premium Mapfre, a leading insurance company in Spain. This policy covers the student against illnesses or injuries, and it has the best specialists in the world. The specific coverage information is described in the contract signed with the insurer. The Academy has on premises a physiotherapy area, with experienced staff in treating sports injuries, and works with the latest technology available for treatment.
Each student has a virtual account in the Academy, where parents or tutors may deposit money, either in cash, by bank transfer or by credit card (credit card charges have a surcharge of 3%). No other deposit method is allowed. The students may withdraw money from Monday to Friday between 11am and 4pm through the Reception Department. The Academy also has an ATM Machine on site.
Laundry Service is available to those students staying on campus longer than one week. The students can obtain their laundry bag from the Supervisors of the accommodation after paying a 10 Euro deposit fee which will be refunded once the laundry bag is returned at the end of their stay. The bags will be picked up and returned on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The bag with the dirty clothes will be returned cleaned, dried and folded the next pick up/drop-off day. It is recommended that the clothes are marked with the student’s name to prevent mix-ups.
The Academia Sánchez-Casal, through the Medical Insurance Policy taken out by the student, and the in-house physiotherapy and Medical Care team, will treat players' injuries through a personalized, comprehensive rehabilitation program. If the student wishes to take a temporary leave of the Academy due to injury, no refund will be provided for the time of the absence.
- If the cancellation is received prior to the start of the program and the full amount is already paid, the 25% of the first week will not be refunded. However, the rest of the amount will be refunded or can be used at another period of time.
- If due to circumstances beyond control the student must leave the Academy without having completed the program, the Academy will determine if it provides a refund to the student for the part of the period paid for and not consumed, which in any case will not be greater than 75% of the same period.
- If there is a cancellation at the beginning or middle of the week, the money for that week will not be refunded.