The package includes
Additional inclusion for international and residential players
The camp is suitable for 10-17y.o. players.
Embrace the thrill of playing tennis on the beautiful grass courts at our Oxford Tennis Camp. Set in the grounds of Oxford University – the Camp attracts people from all over the world who come in search of an intensive, high quality and uniquely British experience. Participants experience the joy of playing on luscious grass courts of the University.
The core program includes 30 hours of tennis coaching over 6 days.
All players are invited to a welcome talk at 6:30pm on the initial Sunday followed by dinner for residents.
With 5 hours of coaching each day, Monday to Saturday (including singles and doubles tournaments) – players will develop their skill and winning ability as the week progresses.
Residential and non-residential camps are available in London, Oxford and Yorkshire. Suitable for all levels: Kids and Adults.
About Jonathan Markson Tennis
The International Tennis Camp was established in 1981 by British Tennis Coach, Jonathan Markson. Each Easter (1 week) and Summer (9 weeks), top professional players and coaches come together to provide an intensive and stimulating tennis experience.
At Jonathan Markson Tennis we aim to provide to players of all ages and levels a rewarding and enjoyable tennis experience, where the coaching is superb in an environment that is beautiful and relaxing.
Accommodation & Food residents are put up in Oxford University college accommodation mainly but not exclusively at Queen’s College – Cardo Building and St. Edmund’s Hall – Isis, situated very close to the tennis courts. Residents have full boarding and non-residents are provided a daily lunch. Rooms are allocated by age, gender and specific requests. We provide a 24/7 supervision of kids with coaches staying on site. Adults stay in separate accommodations (St Edmunds Guest House-ISIS).
WIFI is available on site.
A range of optional activities takes place in the evenings and on Sundays such as city ghost tours, football, volleyball, rounders / baseball, punting on the river, real Tennis, zumba, U18's disco night, film night.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS (Contact us):
This is an additional tennis training programme available as an option for our players over 12 years of age with competition and tournament experience. The Performance Plus programme runs before and after our CORE tennis training programme and equates to an extra 12.5 hours of training.
This program includes:
Afternoon performance development, including biomechanical assessment, in-depth video analysis, 'How to Win' lecture and individual coach report (1.5 hours per day).
To qualify for the Performance Plus programme we ask students to provide a recommendation from their coach or club. Please note we have limited spaces for this programme.
Note: Players on Performance Plus cannot take English Option A as they run at the same time.
English classes (written and verbal content) are available from Monday to Friday for our overseas participants. There are two options available:
Lessons include written and verbal learning activities. All students will undergo an assessment on arrival at the camp to help with the class allocation.
There are also options for 2-4 week camps
A Sunday transfer service is available for all children under 17. There is a charge for this. If possible, flight and train arrival and departure times should be between 12.00 and 16.00 hours. If arrival and departure times are at different times, we will try to assist but there will be an additional charge of $28 to that of the normal transfer.
Charges based on arrival and departure between 11:00 and 16:00. The JMT transfer team will depart from airports/stations for Oxford at 16:00 and leave Oxford for airports/stations at 08:00. If transfers are required outside of these times then a private taxi can be booked for a bespoke fee.
Families, including parents and grandparents, are welcome to join the Oxford Camp in August.
Jonathan Markson Tennis Terms and Conditions apply.
1. Cancellations: All cancellations must be made by the person who made the booking. Cancellation notice must be sent to us in writing by post or email and shall take effect upon the date of receipt by us.
2. Cancellation charges: If you have to cancel your booking, you will be charged according to the following scale:
* The “start date” is the first day of the whole period booked
3. Cancellation charges are based on a percentage of the total price for the whole period booked. You may be able to reclaim cancellation charges under your insurance policy.
4. Cancellation of individual passengers within a party, in addition to attracting cancellation charges, may also mean re-invoicing of the remaining passengers at the applicable brochure prices for the new party size.
5. Adequate travel or/and sports insurance is a condition of your contract with either us or the supplier in question, as applicable. You must take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses.
5. It is understood that if Jonathan Markson Tennis does not receive payment in full by the due date, the reserved place(s) may be treated as cancelled and that the cancellation fees set out above may be levied. For Oxford and Yorkshire summer camps the date is 1st June for all bookings made prior to this date. For all other courses it is 8 weeks prior to the start date. Bookings made after the 1st June are payable in full at the time of booking.
6. If, after we have issued written confirmation, you wish to amend any of the booking details, we shall do our best to accommodate your requirements but we do reserve the right to make a charge of £25 per alteration to cover the administrative work involved. You may also be required to pay any additional costs from our suppliers arising from any booking amendment. This applies to amendments made more than 8 weeks prior to the start date. Amendments made within 8 weeks of departure may be treated as a cancellation of the booking with a liability to pay cancellation charges. Name changes are considered as an amendment. However, please note, no charges will be made for amendments which involve solely additional requirements such as car-hire or extra clients travelling at the same time.
8. It is most unlikely that Jonathan Markson Tennis will have to change any of your booking arrangements, but should any amendment become necessary, we will do our best to provide comparable arrangements. If these are not possible, a full and immediate refund will be made (save as set out below) and Jonathan Markson Tennis will have no further liability to you.
9. We cannot, however, accept liability for any loss, damage or expense or make refunds in the event of any changes (whether before or during a stay at one of our venues) arising from force majeure such as war, threat of war, riots, civil unrest, strikes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems with transportation, airport closures, quarantine, epidemics, pandemics, weather conditions, government action, or other events beyond our control.
10. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that our tennis coaching programs are completed, where there is curtailment or abandonment due to adverse weather conditions (the decision for which rests solely with the Head Coach), we cannot accept any liability for any loss suffered as a result nor make full or partial refunds. By booking with us you are deemed to accept the risk that weather conditions may adversely affect, in whole or in part, the number of coaching hours to be provided.
11. Bookings are made on the understanding that any participant may be photographed and/or filmed for any publication or production relating to our holidays. Please notify us if you do not agree with this use of photographs / films.
12. If there are any changes to your travel arrangements in terms of delays, cancellations, schedule changes etc., we cannot accept liability for any prior loss, damage or expense or make refunds in respect of monies paid. Any such changes will not invalidate any contract with us for the provision of a holiday or holidays.
13. Customers booking with us have a contract with Jonathan Markson Tennis. Accommodation and Coaching packages are covered by Financial Failure Protection in accordance with the Package Tour regulations (1992). For more information please contact our team.
14. A booking is treated as accepted by us once the deposit has been paid and you are liable to pay the outstanding balance by the relevant payment date.
15. We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip, but this is for guidance only and it remains your responsibility to check the requirements before you travel. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor any suppliers accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
15. We reserve the right to reject any applicant for participation on our courses without giving a reason.
16. We reserve the right to expel without refund any participant whose behavior, in our opinion, is detrimental to the smooth running of our programs. In these circumstances any costs necessitated by an expulsion (e.g. extra travel costs) will be met by the expelled participant or (where appropriate) by the parents or guardians of the expelled participant.
17. Oxford (summer) and Yorkshire - It is understood that Jonathan Markson Tennis will by arrangement and on payment of the applicable charges organize personal transfers for children from and back to airports and stations arriving and departing on agreed arrival and departure days within the times (if applicable). Assistance may be given in the case of arrivals and departures outside the specified times and/or at different locations, but such assistance may not be possible and may carry extra charges.
18. Bookings are accepted only on the basis that all these terms and conditions contained herein have been read and accepted.
19. We reserve the right to make any such alterations to our programs and to the arrangements relating thereto as we deem necessary.
20. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details describing our holidays and camps are correct and whilst we are confident that participants will enjoy the essential elements of what is described, liability cannot be accepted for changes that are out of our control.
21. Our brochure descriptions are based on information available at the time of printing the brochure and/or agreeing a contract with the accommodation supplier and that it is possible that changes may occur after the date of publication of the brochure. Where such changes are brought to our attention we will use our best endeavors to ensure that our website description and reservations system are updated so that the changes may be notified to you at the time of booking.
22. Accommodation ratings are displayed as provided by the supplier. These are intended to give a guide to the services and facilities you should expect from your accommodation. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given and no warranty is given or implied.
23. Safety standards in some countries may differ from those applicable in the United Kingdom. All properties comply with applicable health and safety regulations. We strongly advise that all customers seek to minimize their exposure to injury by familiarizing themselves with relevant safety information.
24. If you find that you are in any way dissatisfied with our service or the service of one or more of the suppliers whose services make up the holiday, in order that we may have the opportunity to correct the matter, please contact our local representative immediately. Should the local representative not be able to resolve the situation, please report the complaint by email ([email protected]) or by phone (+44 207 603 2422) immediately.
If you fail to follow this procedure there may be no opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances.
25. We take your email address at the time of booking in order to email you a confirmation of your booking as well as information that you will require for your stay. We will also use any email addresses supplied at time of booking to add to our mailing list and send you our newsletter. If you do not wish to be added to our mailing list please say so at the point of booking. Alternatively you can opt out of receiving email newsletter communications from us at any time.
26. In the terms and conditions “we”, “us”, “our” and “Jonathan Markson Tennis” are used to refer to Jonathan Markson Tennis (Oxford) Limited.
"The training a Sanchez-Casal Barcelona was great! The staff we very attentive and really made the effort to help each player understand the advice they were giving. I will definitely go back again."