The package is suitable for juniors from 8-15y.o.
The Package includes
*Only lunch is included for non residential package
Services available upon request
This is a unique opportunity to live and play tennis in the grounds of the World famous English School, Giggleswick.
Set in the heart of the idyllic Yorkshire Dales (featured in the latest Harry Potter movie), this is a perfect venue for your child to enjoy one to three weeks of intensive tennis and sport. Each year the tennis camp runs for three weeks in July.
The sporting facilities are superb. There are 11 grass and hard tennis courts, as well as an indoor court in the new sports hall, an impressive artificial hockey pitch, indoor swimming pool, extensive grounds for cricket, rugby, football and netball.
Jonathan Markson Tennis Camp
The program is designed for players of all ages and levels. With 5 hours of coaching each day, Monday to Saturday (including tournaments and video analysis), players will develop their skills and winning ability as the week progresses.
At Jonathan Markson Tennis we aim to provide to players of all ages and levels a rewarding and enjoyable tennis experience, where the coaching is serious but fun in an environment that is beautiful and relaxing.
Residents stay in the school accommodation. All meals are taken in the school canteen. Full supervision provided. Evening activities provided.
There will be an opportunity after the tennis to take part in other sporting activities such as football, rounders, basketball, hockey, swimming (subject to availability) etc. Free Internet access is available.
Players' Information Pack
A detailed information pack containing location, health and dietary requirements, emergency contact information, and a suggested kit list will be emailed to you prior to the Camp. Please read the information carefully as it will answer many of your questions and ensure a even better camp experience.
All participants have the option of being filmed on video. Each tennis stroke is subjected to expert analysis. Video analysis can help you and your coach identify even the smallest changes to vastly improve your game.
English conversation classes are available from Monday to Friday for our overseas participants.
Lessons include written and verbal learning activities. All students will undergo an assessment on arrival at the camp to help with the class allocation.
(NB: Not compatible with Performance Plus as they run at the same time)
This is an additional tennis training program available for our players over 12 years of age with competition and tournament experience. The Performance Plus program runs before and after our CORE tennis training program and equates to an extra 12.5 hours of training.
Morning Fitness Session (1 hour per day)
Afternoon performance development, including biomechanical assessment, in-depth video analysis with take-home video, 'How to Win' lecture and individual coach report. (1.5 hours per day)
The Yorkshire Camp offers a residential tennis package. Players stay in the school accommodation. A tennis and language program is available for International students who want to improve their tennis and their English.
The programs are open to day participants from Monday to Saturday each week.
A Sunday transfer service is available for children under 18.
Recommended Airports: Manchester-$95, Leeds/ Bradford-$145
Those who arrive at the local train station (Settle) can be met and dropped off free of charge.
Charges based on arrival and departure between 11:00 and 16:00. The JMT transfer team will depart from airports for camp at 16:00 and leave camp for airports at 08:00. If transfers are required outside of these times then a private taxi can be booked.
Savings available in case of Multi Week bookings.
2 Weeks Package- $2125
3 Weeks Package-$3106
1. Cancellations: All cancellations must be made by the person who made the booking and directly with Jonathan Markson tennis camp (JMTC) Notification thereof should be sent to us in writing by registered post or recorded delivery and shall take effect upon the date of receipt by us.
2. Cancellation charges: If you have to cancel your booking, you will be charged according to the following scale:
Outside 8 weeks of start date*: Loss of deposit
* The “start date” is the first day of the whole period booked
3. Cancellation charges are based on a percentage of the total price for the whole period booked excluding insurance premiums which are always non-refundable. Cancellation charges are sometimes reclaimable by your insurance policy.
4. Cancellation of individual passengers within a party, in addition to attracting cancellation charges, may also mean re-invoicing of the remaining passengers at brochure prices for the new party size.
5. It is understood that if Jonathan Markson tennis Camp via World Tennis Travel does not receive payment in full by the due date, the reserved place(s) may be treated as cancelled and that the cancellation fees set out herein may be levied. For Oxford and Giggleswick summer camps the due date is 1st June for all bookings made prior to this date. For all other courses it is 8 weeks prior to the start date. Bookings made after the due date referred to above are payable in full at the time of booking.
6. If, after we (JMTC) have issued written confirmation, you wish to amend any of the booking details, we shall do our best to accommodate your requirements but we do reserve the right to make a charge of £25 per alteration to cover the administrative work involved. This applies to amendments made more than 8 weeks prior to the start date. Amendments made within 8 weeks of departure may be treated as a cancellation of the booking with a liability to pay cancellation charges. Name changes are considered as an amendment.
7. However, please note, no charges will be made for amendments which involve solely additional requirements such as insurance, additional car-hire or extra clients travelling at the same time.
8. It is most unlikely that the management will have to change any of your booking arrangements, but should any amendment become necessary, we will do our best to provide comparable arrangements. If these are not possible, a full and immediate refund will be made and the management will be under no further liability.
9. We cannot, however, accept liability for any loss, damage or expense or make refunds in the event of any changes (whether before or during a stay at one of our venues) arising from force majeure such as war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, strikes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems with transportation, airport closures, quarantine, epidemics, pandemics, weather conditions, government action, or other events beyond our control.
10. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that our tennis coaching programs are completed, where there is curtailment or abandonment due to adverse weather conditions (the decision for which rests solely with the Head Coach), we cannot accept any liability therefor nor make full or partial refunds in respect thereof. Our clients freely accept the risk that weather conditions may adversely affect in whole or in part the number of coaching hours to be provided.
11. Bookings are made on the understanding that any participant may be photographed and/or filmed for any publication or production relating to our holidays.
12. If there are any changes to your travel arrangements in terms of delays, cancellations, schedule changes etc, we cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting therefrom or make refunds in respect of monies paid. Any such changes will not invalidate any contract with us for the provision of a holiday or holidays.
13. Customers booking with us have a contract with Jonathan Markson Tennis. Accommodation and Coaching packages are covered by Financial Failure Protection in accordance with the 1992 Package Tour regulations. For more information please contact our team.
14. A reservation is fully constituted once the application has been confirmed.
15. We reserve the right to reject any applicant for participation on our courses without giving a reason.
16. We reserve the right to expel without refund any participant whose behavior, in the opinion of the management, is detrimental to the smooth running of our programs. In these circumstances any costs necessitated by an expulsion (e.g. extra travel costs) will be met by the expelled participant or (where appropriate) by the parents or guardians of the expelled participant.
17. Oxford (summer) and Giggleswick - It is understood that Jonathan Markson Tennis will by arrangement and for the charges stated herein organize personal transfers for children from and back to airports and stations specified herein arriving and departing on specified arrival and departure days within the specified times (if applicable). Assistance may be given in the case of arrivals and departures outside the specified times and/or at different locations, but such assistance may not be possible and may carry extra charges.
18. Bookings are accepted only on the basis that all the terms and conditions contained herein have been read and accepted.
19. We reserve the right to make any such alterations to our programs and to the arrangements relating thereto as the management deems necessary.
20. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details describing our holidays are correct and whilst the management is confident that participants will enjoy the essential elements of what is described, liability cannot be accepted for changes that are out with the management’s control
"I just want to thank you for organising my tennis holiday for me and my son! It was a great experience at Saddlebrook. One coach in particular was fantastic as he fixed my serve and gave me some great cues to take away. All in all a great trip!"
Neil, Sydney Australia