The majestic Anassa Hotel is the best and most renowned address for luxury holidays in Cyprus. Wonderful peaceful location on a picturesque bay in the northwest. An extensive variety of sporting activities and professional Sunball Tennis service awaits guests and families.
- Tennis school: Sunball
- Tennis courts: 2 synthetic grass courts
- Airport transfer: from Paphos Airport approx. 45 min., from Larnaca 150 min.
- Board: B&B, half-board or full-board
- Opening period: March to October
Anassa, meaning “queen” in ancient Greek, is an appropriate name for this elegant luxury overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches in Cyprus. The resort lies within extensive gardens and offers exclusive comfort combining Mediterranean and local style elements. With its location directly on the wide pebbly beach near the nature reserve of the Akamas peninsula, guests are guaranteed absolute peace and quiet. The fishing village of Latchi with its pretty harbour and small tavernas is about 2km away, the town of Polis is about 5km away. Transfer time to Paphos Airport is about 45 minutes and to Larnaca Airport about 2.5 hours.
Sport and Entertainment
Fitness centre, squash court and table tennis are complimentary for hotel guests. Bicycle and mountain bike rental is available for an additional fee. Local operators offer sailing (RYA-accredited), parasailing, water-skiing and diving at additional cost. Four 18-hole golf courses are located 30-60 minutes away.
Free use of the Roman-style Thalassa Spa with health bar, exercise pool, indoor pool (from 16 years), whirlpool, steam shower and sauna. For an additional charge: Thalasso-therapies and massages, (aromatherapy, reflexology and hydro), as well as face and body treatments and hairdressing are available.
The four children’s clubs Globetrotters (4 months-2 years), Adventurers (3-4 years), Voyagers (5-7 years) and Pioneers (8-12 years) will take care of little guests for an additional charge. There is an extensive activity and excursion programme (some with additional charge) available to teenagers from 13 years in July and August. Playground, babysitting service bookable (additional charge). Children’s menus (additional charge).
With its “Baby Go Lightly” service, the hotel also offers parents the possibility of ordering baby items & supplies in advance from the hotel.to await them in their room on check-in.
Two well-maintained and nicely-located artificial grass tennis courts with quartz sand (both with floodlights) are at your disposal. Unlimited use of the courts is free of charge.
This elegant hotel stands out with its own chapel, Roman mosaics, Venetian frescoes and antique chests and amphorae. 3 outdoor pools, 2 of which are connected by a waterfall, are located in the garden area. Anassa offers 4 excellent restaurants as well as several bars, extensive seated terraces with wonderful sea views and a boutique featuring designer fashions as well as a beach shop. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
The 166 rooms and suites are contained within the 3-storey main house and several villa-type neighbouring buildings, and each has satellite TV, minibar, air conditioning, safe, telephone, marble bath with separate shower, bath robe, hairdryer and balcony or terrace.
The following room categories are available to book:
- The double rooms are 41sqm in size and are located in the main hotel building, with views to the garden.
- The studio suites are 47sqm in size and like are also located in the main building. They have one king-size or two full-size beds. Some of the studio suites may be connected to one another upon request. Rooms with sea views may also be booked.
- The garden studio suites are 49sqm are equivalent to the studio suites. These rooms are in the exterior buildings and have breathtaking views of the unspoiled north-west coast.
- The family studios are 51sqm and are similarly in layout as the studio suites in the main and exterior buildings, but are larger, with combined living-/bedroom and sea views.
- The junior suites are 53sqm and all have sea views. Some feature a private pool.
- The family suites are 123sqm in size.
- Free WiFi
- Fitness center, squash, table tennis incl. Bicycle rental, golf, sailing (RYA), diving, parasailing
- Thalassa exercise pool, indoor pool (over 16 years), whirlpool, steam bath and sauna
- 4 kids clubs (4month-13 y.o.) and 1 junior club in summer as well as Baby-go-lightly service
- 4 excellent restaurants, bar, pool bar, beach bar, room service
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
The grand dame of cyprus
The Anassa does not make an evaluation easy. Because there' s the bright side. The spacious grounds, the beautiful houses, a lot of green, a large pool area, the solid service and some spots with...
Cannot be faulted from amenities, food, staff, service, spa, location, and design. The Anassa is what all luxury hotels should aspire to. The Anassa's beach is one of the most beautiful spots in the...
Great winter sun
Lovely hotel for children. Went Oct 2019 for a week. Weather good/fair. A little larger than we are used to but the kids club was outstanding. Our three have never done this before but loved it and...