- Reviews (688)
You can select between
- Tennis Only package and then add your own accommodations
- Tennis & accommodation package offered by Jonathan Markson Tennis available from $610 per person based on Twin Share. Contact us for pricing.
The package includes
- 15 hours of Intensive Tennis training
- Free use of tennis courts (outside of coaching time)
If you choose Tennis & Accommodation package you get
- High-quality self-catering apartments
- Maid service
- Children’s’ play area
- Two large pools and one paddling pool
- Access to nearby gym, indoor pool, beauty treatments
- Typical Algarvian village
- Sandy beaches
- Access to 8 nearby golf courses
- Baía da Luz
Set against the striking backdrop of Rocha Negra, Baía da Luz is located within the village of Praia da Luz, just 6km west of Lagos. Less than 200 meters away from the beach, it comprises of 1, 2 & 3 bedrooms and penthouse apartments.
The flexible self-catering accommodations and fantastic climate make this a suitable venue for everyone from singles to families and large groups.
- Estrela da Luz
The Estrela is part of the same chain as Baia. It is located near the center of town about 10 minutes walk from the courts. We feature the Estrela as it offers single person studios which are a great value for the single player who doesn't mind a short walk in the morning.
Estrela is very similar in style to Baia da Luz. The main difference is that guests benefit from free use of the on-site gym and spa.
Jonathan Markson Tennis Package
Our tennis program is designed for people of all ages and playing standards from beginners to the most advanced tournament players. With 3 hours of coaching each morning, players are then free to explore the resort in the afternoon, rest by the pool or take advantage of the free courts.
Our team of coaches is headed by the charismatic Luis Machado. In his youth he was a top player in Portugal and, more recently, has been ranked in the top ten seniors with victories in a number of tournaments. He has been working with Jonathan Markson Tennis for seventeen years with great coaching skill, enthusiasm and dedication. He is a character who lives life to the full.
Resort and Accommodations (rates upon request):
- Satellite television
- Dish washer
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer
- Each apartment has a terrace. The 2 and 3 bedroom apartments have at least 2 bathrooms, one of which is en-suite to the master bedroom. Studio apartments are available at Estrela da Luz.
- Two large pools
- Children’s paddling pool
- Children’s playground
- 2 well-maintained synthetic grass tennis courts
- Access to Estrela Health & Beauty gym and spa
- Sandy beach (5 minutes’ walk)
- Watersports center
- Golf (nearest course - Boa Vista)
- Pony-trekking and hill-walking
- Visit the historic town of Lagos
- Eating Out
- At Baía da Luz, you can choose throughout the day from light bites at the poolside snack bar or indulge yourself with traditional Italian cuisine and wines at the on-site family-friendly Italian-themed restaurant, Alloro.
Cost starting from
- $593-Low Season
- $618-Middle Season
- $831-High Season
Tennis only (5 days*) $498 per week
- Family discounts available upon request
- Group discounts available upon request
- Infants under 2 Free
Ask us about your prefered dates via email [email protected] and we will get back to you asap.
Jonathan Markson Tennis Terms and Conditions apply.
Updated: 3rd October 2014.
1. Cancellations: All cancellations must be made by the person who made the booking. Cancellation notice must be sent to us in writing by post or email and shall take effect upon the date of receipt by us.
2. Cancellation charges: If you have to cancel your booking, you will be charged according to the following scale:
- 8 weeks or more from the start date*: Loss of deposit
- Between 8 weeks and 4 weeks of start date: 40% charge
- Between 27 days and 14 days of start date: 50% charge
- Between 13 days and 7 days of start date: 70% charge
- Between 6 days and start date: 100% charge (including ‘no show’)
- Leaving early: 100% charge
* The “start date” is the first day of the whole period booked
3. Cancellation charges are based on a percentage of the total price for the whole period booked. You may be able to reclaim cancellation charges under your insurance policy.
4. Cancellation of individual passengers within a party, in addition to attracting cancellation charges, may also mean re-invoicing of the remaining passengers at the applicable brochure prices for the new party size.
5. Adequate travel or/and sports insurance is a condition of your contract with either us or the supplier in question, as applicable. You must take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses.
5. It is understood that if Jonathan Markson Tennis does not receive payment in full by the due date, the reserved place(s) may be treated as cancelled and that the cancellation fees set out above may be levied. For Oxford and Yorkshire summer camps the date is 1st June for all bookings made prior to this date. For all other courses it is 8 weeks prior to the start date. Bookings made after the 1st June are payable in full at the time of booking.
6. If, after we have issued written confirmation, you wish to amend any of the booking details, we shall do our best to accommodate your requirements but we do reserve the right to make a charge of £25 per alteration to cover the administrative work involved. You may also be required to pay any additional costs from our suppliers arising from any booking amendment. This applies to amendments made more than 8 weeks prior to the start date. Amendments made within 8 weeks of departure may be treated as a cancellation of the booking with a liability to pay cancellation charges. Name changes are considered as an amendment. However, please note, no charges will be made for amendments which involve solely additional requirements such as car-hire or extra clients travelling at the same time.
8. It is most unlikely that Jonathan Markson Tennis will have to change any of your booking arrangements, but should any amendment become necessary, we will do our best to provide comparable arrangements. If these are not possible, a full and immediate refund will be made (save as set out below) and Jonathan Markson Tennis will have no further liability to you.
9. We cannot, however, accept liability for any loss, damage or expense or make refunds in the event of any changes (whether before or during a stay at one of our venues) arising from force majeure such as war, threat of war, riots, civil unrest, strikes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems with transportation, airport closures, quarantine, epidemics, pandemics, weather conditions, government action, or other events beyond our control.
10. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that our tennis coaching programs are completed, where there is curtailment or abandonment due to adverse weather conditions (the decision for which rests solely with the Head Coach), we cannot accept any liability for any loss suffered as a result nor make full or partial refunds. By booking with us you are deemed to accept the risk that weather conditions may adversely affect, in whole or in part, the number of coaching hours to be provided.
11. Bookings are made on the understanding that any participant may be photographed and/or filmed for any publication or production relating to our holidays. Please notify us if you do not agree with this use of photographs / films.
12. If there are any changes to your travel arrangements in terms of delays, cancellations, schedule changes etc, we cannot accept liability for any prior loss, damage or expense or make refunds in respect of monies paid. Any such changes will not invalidate any contract with us for the provision of a holiday or holidays.
13. Customers booking with us have a contract with Jonathan Markson Tennis. Accommodation and Coaching packages are covered by Financial Failure Protection in accordance with the Package Tour regulations (1992). For more information please contact our team.
14. A booking is treated as accepted by us once the deposit has been paid and you are liable to pay the outstanding balance by the relevant payment date.
15. We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip, but this is for guidance only and it remains your responsibility to check the requirements before you travel. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor any suppliers accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
15. We reserve the right to reject any applicant for participation on our courses without giving a reason.
16. We reserve the right to expel without refund any participant whose behavior, in our opinion, is detrimental to the smooth running of our programs. In these circumstances any costs necessitated by an expulsion (e.g. extra travel costs) will be met by the expelled participant or (where appropriate) by the parents or guardians of the expelled participant.
17. Oxford (summer) and Yorkshire - It is understood that Jonathan Markson Tennis will by arrangement and on payment of the applicable charges organize personal transfers for children from and back to airports and stations arriving and departing on agreed arrival and departure days within the times (if applicable). Assistance may be given in the case of arrivals and departures outside the specified times and/or at different locations, but such assistance may not be possible and may carry extra charges.
18. Bookings are accepted only on the basis that all these terms and conditions contained herein have been read and accepted.
19. We reserve the right to make any such alterations to our programs and to the arrangements relating thereto as we deem necessary.
20. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details describing our holidays and camps are correct and whilst we are confident that participants will enjoy the essential elements of what is described, liability cannot be accepted for changes that are out of our control.
21. Our brochure descriptions are based on information available at the time of printing the brochure and/or agreeing a contract with the accommodation supplier and that it is possible that changes may occur after the date of publication of the brochure. Where such changes are brought to our attention we will use our best endeavors to ensure that our website description and reservations system are updated so that the changes may be notified to you at the time of booking.
22. Accommodation ratings are displayed as provided by the supplier. These are intended to give a guide to the services and facilities you should expect from your accommodation. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given and no warranty is given or implied.
23. Safety standards in some countries may differ from those applicable in the United Kingdom. All properties comply with applicable health and safety regulations. We strongly advise that all customers seek to minimize their exposure to injury by familiarizing themselves with relevant safety information.
24. If you find that you are in any way dissatisfied with our service or the service of one or more of the suppliers whose services make up the holiday, in order that we may have the opportunity to correct the matter, please contact our local representative immediately. Should the local representative not be able to resolve the situation, please report the complaint by email ([email protected]) or by phone (+44 207 603 2422) immediately.
If you fail to follow this procedure there may be no opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances.
25. We take your email address at the time of booking in order to email you a confirmation of your booking as well as information that you will require for your stay. We will also use any email addresses supplied at time of booking to add to our mailing list and send you our newsletter. If you do not wish to be added to our mailing list please say so at the point of booking. Alternatively you can opt out of receiving email newsletter communications from us at any time.
26. In the terms and conditions “we”, “us”, “our” and “Jonathan Markson Tennis” are used to refer to Jonathan Markson Tennis (Oxford) Limited.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
I stayed at the resort last October and it was great! The room was very spacious, had 2 balconies and a fully equipped kitchen. It's perfect for anyone staying a long time in Algrave and wants to be...
Ive visited this resort 3 times now and have loved it. Apartments are large and pristine. Location is 2 mins from beach or village.Staff are simply lovely. I love it here. I will definitely visit...
0ne bed duplex apartment LUZ
From the moment we arrived the experience was relaxed friendly and welcoming. The apartment was just like the brochure and I couldnt fault it - it would have been useful to have access to some...