The package includes
- 10 hours of private tennis training over 5 days
- Access to gymnasium
- Australian Open guided tour
- Options to play in social camp each night (available for adults only)
- Access to social competitions
- Court hire
- Hitting sessions with a coach
Select your preferred dates (5 days) when requesting a booking.
Train like a champion with a week of tennis coaching at Tennis World Melbourne Park, home of the Australian Open. Package includes 10 hours of private coaching over 5 days (or semi-private for 2 players) with a professional coach as well as access to gymnasium and Australian Open guided tour. You will feel what it is like to train like a champion and enjoy world-class tennis coaching and facilities for the whole week.
About Melbourne Park
Tennis World, Melbourne Park is one of the two world class tennis facilities which is located in Melbourne. Melbourne Park has been home to the Australian Open since 1988. The Australian Open, previously held at the Kooyong Tennis Club, moved to Melbourne Park to due to the tournament's popularity. Within the first year of the Australian Open’s move to Melbourne Park, attendants increased by 90%. Today, Melbourne Park hosts the Australian Open in January, and an array of different events and activities during the year. Rod Laver Arena, the largest arena at Melbourne Park, and Hisense Arena, the second largest, are home to many concerts and other major events throughout the year.
Tennis World Head Coach: John McCurdy
Coaching programs at Melbourne Park are managed by John McCurdy and his team of professional tennis coaches.
John McCurdy's Playing & Coaching Experience
- ATP tour – best ranking 80 in 1983
- State Coach/State Director of Coaching 1985-1997
- Australian Institute of Sport Head Coach/Program Manager 2002-2005
- Head Coach Australian Open Tennis Academy 2006
- Private Business 2007 – 2011
- Head Coach Tennis World 2012 – present
- Tennis Manager Octagon Worldwide (Australia) 1997-2002
About Guided Tours
Australian Open Guided Tours are run daily by experienced and knowledgeable Tennis World tour guides. The tours provide a unique behind the scenes experience of Melbourne’s most dynamic sports and entertainment venues, Rod Laver Arena and Margaret Court Arena. Visitors will be taken through the backstage areas used during the Australian Open Tournament including: Tournament Control, the Player Change Roomsused by the world’s top seeded players, inside Rod Laver Arena and onto the Rod Laver Arena floor, the Walk of Champions, Davis & Fed Cup Rooms, inside the purpose built Media Theatrette that hosts the postmatch press conferences during the Australian Open and then into the newly redeveloped Margaret Court Arena.
For the ultimate Australian Open experience enjoy a private lesson with one of Tennis World’s experienced coaches on one of the Show Courts used by players during the Australian Open and receive an Australian Open Merchandise pack to take home.
- Deposit – a deposit of 30% of the quoted booking fee must be paid immediately once the booking details have been confirmed by World Tennis Travel.
- Full payment – the remainder of the quoted booking fee is payable prior to the commencement on the day of the function or facility use.
- Cancellation – you may cancel your booking by written notice:
- more than 1 week prior to the day of the function or facility use: and receive a 90% refund;
- less than 1 week prior to the day of the function or facility use (but more than 24 hours prior the start time): and your deposit will be forfeited. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice, the entire quoted booking fee is payable to WTT, on demand.
- Cancellation from World Tennis Travel – WTT may cancel your booking at any time (for example due to weather or internal requirements).In such circumstances any amounts paid to WTT will be fully refunded.
- Pricing – the quoted booking fee is determined by WTT and based on individual requirements. The quoted booking fee is fixed until the expiry date listed on the quote.
- Conditions of use – your use of all facilities located at Tennis World is subject to the “Conditions of Use and Entry”*
- Vacating – All facilities must be vacated by the agreed time of the expiration of the booking. All goods, properties or materials brought in by, or on behalf of the group, must be removed from the venue premises. All facilities must be vacated in the same clean condition as at the commencement of the booking. Failure to comply may incur additional cleaning charges.
- Activities as described – activities that take place during the use of the facility must be as described to WTT at the time of the booking. If there is any discrepancy, WTT reserves the right to terminate the booking immediately.
- Make good – You must make good the cost of any damage or loss caused to any part of the facilities at Tennis World arising out of or in the course of the booking.
- Emergency Evacuations – WTT may conduct emergency evacuation drills at Tennis World on rare occasions. We will do our best to inform you of any expected drills. No refunds or deductions will be given in the case of an evacuation drill taking place during your use of any Tennis World facility.
- Age requirements – Children under 16 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
- Personal Injury - WTT will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any person entering Tennis World (including liability for any injury, loss or damage caused by the negligence of TA or its employees or agents). To the extent permitted by law, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless TA and its employees, representatives and agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, claims, demands, suits and damages whatsoever and howsoever arising resulting from or in connection with an entrant’s use of Tennis World.
“Conditions of Use and Entry”*
- By entering and/or using Tennis World venue or facilities, entrants agree to abide by the following conditions: Entrants acknowledge that they will be exposed to certain risks when using the facilities, including but not limited to physical injury and death. All entrants enter Tennis World at their own risk.
- Entrants authorise TA to obtain medical assistance, treatment and transport as deemed reasonably necessary by TA and acknowledge that they will be responsible for any costs associated with any such medical treatment and/or transportation.
- Entrants must behave appropriately and follow the lawful directions of TA at all times. Derogative comments, abusive language and inappropriate or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If an entrant causes any damage to Tennis World property they must make good the damage.
- TA reserves the right to refuse entry to any person or remove any person from Tennis World.
- Entrants are responsible for their own property at all times. TA does not accept any responsibility for any property that is stolen, lost or damaged in the Tennis World facilities (including the change rooms).
- Entrants must check in with Tennis World reception prior to using the Tennis World courts and facilities.
- Entrants must book (and if applicable, pay) for the use of the courts prior to using the courts.
- Tennis World Members are responsible for the payment of their guests’ fees.
- Entrants must strictly adhere to the allocated time slot and correct court number of their booking.
- Additional court time can be requested through contacting WTT via [email protected]
- Only authorised Tennis World coaches are permitted to provide tennis coaching or lessons at Tennis World. This includes the use of coaching baskets or other coaching equipment on court.
- Entrants must not receive any tennis coaching or lessons at Tennis World except from an authorised Tennis World coach.
- Entrants must wear appropriate attire (including shirts and non-marking footwear on courts) at all times. The use of cameras and other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones) at Tennis World is not permitted without Tennis World’s prior written consent. Security cameras operate within Tennis World.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be filmed. Smoking is only permitted in designated outdoor areas of Tennis World. WARNING: If the Entrant participates in activities at Tennis World, the Entrant has a right to sue TA under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Act)
- if the Entrant is killed or injured because the activities at Tennis World were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in or on this sign.
- NOTE: The change to the Entrant’s rights, as set out in or on this sign does not apply if the Entrant dies or is injured due to gross negligence on TA’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Act.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
My husband had booked a room for 2 nights. When we checked in the lovely lady asked what the occasion was, we said, 'our wedding anniversary, the only time we get to to go out for dinner and be away...
Classy place, stayed as part of Francis Perry admission for the birth of my second. Very helpful staff, clean rooms, comfy bed. Pool for hubby and toddler. Food average, too rich for me. But...
Not what I expected of the Grand Hyatt! and the amount paid. Rooms are old and need refurbishing. Service in the restaurant was slow. Information provided was inaccurate. We stayed here for...