- Things to do
Organic And Wellness Hotel Stanglwirt
A relaxed wellness holiday with your best friends, a romantic 5-star weekend with the love of your life or a varied holiday trip with the whole family. The organic and wellness hotel Stanglwirt is always worth a visit. However you would like to spend your personal break from everyday life , at the Stanglwirt you can enjoy the unique combination of nature, luxury, sport, wellness, entertainment and sustainable relaxation.
Located at the base of the awe-inspiring Wilder Kaiser mountain range in Tirol, Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt is surrounded by verdant pastures in summer and is only minutes from world-class skiing in nearby Kitzbühel during the winter. A small village in itself, this rustic resort has a familiar charm and all the features you would expect in a first-class destination. In addition to typically Tirolean luxury apartments and cozy rooms , there is fine dining and abundant amenities. From mountain biking to horseback riding and hiking to a beauty-farm, massage, kids’ programs, indoor-outdoor rock-garden swimming pool, squash, bowling and Europe’s #1 rated tennis program, there’s something for everyone at this mountain paradise.
Fans of the yellow felt ball can expect tennis in a big way in the Stanglwirt. With
- 5 indoor courts (Bross Line granules)
- 8 outdoor courts (sand)
you have a great deal of space available to rally and exchange shots. Not only that, but the facilities at the prestigious and world-famous "Peter Burwash International Tennis School" (PBI) are ideal for improving your individual technical, tactical and mental skills.
Lipizzaner Stud Farm & Stanglwirt Riding School
The Stanglwirt Riding School, which is affiliated to the first private Lipizzaner stud farm in Austria, is set in an idyllic location at the foot of the Wilder Kaiser, and provides all the options for equestrian training and further training.
Ski Alpine, Snowboarding & Ski School
Get to know the largest interconnected skiing area in Austria. Wilder Kaiser Brixental has 93 lifts and mountain trains, the slopes have the most modern snow-production machines. Also, in 15 minutes you are in world-famous Kitzbühel with the legendary Streif-race on the Hahnenkamm.
Find refreshment in the outdoor rock pool (33°C) or in the sport pool on the Kaiserwiese.
The golf training centre and the "Driving-Range" is just a few steps away.
For all golf fans
The eco hotel Stanglwirt is an official member of the largest golf course in Tirol – the Wilden Kaiser golf course in Ellmau (27 hole) - which is close by.
Within one hours drive from the Stanglwirt, you can reach 12 courses of international standard (18 holes).
Exercise gets you moving - and mobility can get you started. A healthy dose of sports promotes mental well- being, increases your own quality of life and gives you a new awareness of your body. The fitness area is open 24 hours, every day.
Sport Eck at the Kaiserstiege
No sports requirements are left unfulfilled here. On more than 200 m², Markus and Viktoria Hirzinger and their team present the top-brands of the sports world. Bogner stands for sportiness, function, trend and timeless elegance. Innovative, functionaland fashionable is how the the Toni Sailer Sports brand presents itself. Be it Adidas by Stella McCartney, Lasse Kjus, Porsche Design or the newcomer from Austria - Martini – those are only some of the other high-end sports brands awaiting you in the “Sport-Eck”.
Mountainbiking around the Stanglwirt
You can enjoy great mountain bike routes around the Wilder Kaiser and our own mountain bike hire offering professional and goodas- new mountain bikes, our own bike repair workshop and the option of hiring a special GPS mountain bike route planner.
Hiking & Climbing
Beautiful silent hiking trails starting directly in front of our doors leading to the famous mountain cabins in our pure landscape.
The Wilder Kaiser region is the first in Austria that has seized all hiking trails in GPS and integrated them into a map! The map is based on actual geographic data.
Running & Nordic Walking
Do you want to improve your condition and have fun in the midst of a wonderful landscape with friends and a qualified running instructor? Gerhard Hartmann - Austrian Champion 58 times and 3 time winner of the Vienna Marathon is waiting for you!
Stanglwirt´s hunting ground
The Stanglwirt’s 600 hectare hunting ground, very well maintained and easily accessible, offers a wonderful nature experience: wildlife watching, tracking, romantic mountain lodges. Besides wildlife watching, hunting wild animals is also a part of looking after the land.
- Pro Shop with 24 hr Stringing Service.
- Tennis Café and Terrace.
- Indoor-Outdoor Rockgarden Pool.
- Riding School with Lippizaner Horses.
- Golf School.
- Squash, Billiard, Table Tennis, Archery, Mountainbiking.
- Hotel Ski School, Cross-Country Skiing.
- Exclusive hire of the latest hihg-end Audi models.
- Airport /train station / shopping transfers in our Audi A8 limousine or our Audi Q7-SUV.
- Exclusive in-house shopping arcade.
- Car parking and underground parking.
- Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- Valet service.
- Concierge service.
- Reception staffed 24 hours.
- Professional security service.
- Regular live entertainment at the hotel bar ‘auf der Tenne’.
- A variety of interesting exhibits.
- Magician Gerry regularly mesmerises our guests with his magic tricks.
- Weekly ‘Stanglwirt’s Reception’ with members of the Hauser host family and our department managers (Thursdays from 6 p.m.).
- ‘Wilder Kaiser Card’ with lots of benefits in the region.
Sports & Nature
- Weekly guided, easy to challenging hikes with our outdoor guide (some have a fee).
- Every Wednesday in the summer: hike with Stanglwirt landlady Magdalena Hauser to the ‘Stangl-Alm’ on the ‘Wilder Kaiser’.
- Large weekly outdoor adventure and sports programme (mountain bike-, E-bike-tours, Nordic Walking, and much more – there may be a fee).
- Large, well-stocked sports shop with top-quality mountain bike and E-bike hire (for a fee).
- Free use of the hotel’s own driving range incl. unlimited number of range balls.
- Hotel´s own `Golf Sport Academy´ (for a fee).
- Own fishery (with a lengh of 14 km / for a fee).
- Hotel’s own ski school (for a fee).
- Snow-shoe hikes, winter hikes, and much more (some incur a fee).
- Cross-country slope directly next to the hotel.
- Shuttle service to the ski areas.
- Ski storage area with top-quality ski lockers.
- Lift ticket service with the concierge, directly in the hotel (for a fee).
- Ski hire & service in the hotel’s own sports shop (for a fee).
- Year-round Peter Burwash International (PBI) tennis school, 6 indoor and 8 outdoor tennis courts with panoramic view to the ‘Wilder Kaiser’ (for a fee).
- Lipizzaner stud farm with riding hall and outdoor riding area as well as professional riding school (for a fee).
- Own 600 ha hunting grounds (for a fee).
Large Fitness area
- 500 m² fitness garden (indoor cardio and strength area) equipped with state-of-the-art Technogym equipment.
- Spacious, light-flooded Yoga-and exercise room (80 m²).
- Daily supervision from a highly qualified, professional team of trainers.
- Heart-rate guided training using state-of-the-art training computers from Polar.
- Medical Fitness in cooperation with Traunmed (for a fee).
- Sport Mental Coaching with Mag.a rer.nat. Inge Neuner (for a fee).
- Galileo vibration training (for a fee).
- Bums, Tums, Thighs.
- Muscle relaxation.
- Aqua aerobics.
- Singing bowl meditation.
- Ski Fit.
- Stretch and Relax.
- Back Fit.
- Stanglwirt’s Body Styling.
- Five Tibetans.
- Stress relaxation training and much more.