- Things to do
Dimitar Tennis Academy (DTA) is a premier tennis academy located in Sarasota, Florida, USA. DTA was founded by former ATP Tour player and Bulgarian Davis Cup team member, Dimitar Kutrovsky. The academy offers a wide range of tennis programs for players of all levels, including juniors, adults, and professionals.
DTA has state-of-the-art facilities, including 40 Har-Tru tennis courts, 10 of which are lit for night play, and 5 hard courts. The academy also has a gym, fitness center, and an athletic field for physical conditioning.
The coaching staff at DTA includes highly experienced and qualified professionals who have trained and coached players at all levels, including Grand Slam winners, top-ranked juniors, and college athletes.
In addition to tennis programs, DTA also offers academic and boarding programs for students who wish to combine their tennis training with academic studies. Students can attend a variety of schools in the Sarasota area and receive academic support and guidance from DTA's academic coordinator.
As a tennis academy, the primary focus of Dimitar Tennis Academy is on tennis coaching and training. However, there are still several activities that players and visitors can enjoy in and around the academy. Some of the things to do at Dimitar Tennis Academy include:
- Tennis training: As mentioned, the academy provides world-class tennis coaching for players of all levels.
- Fitness training: The academy has a state-of-the-art fitness center where players can engage in physical conditioning and training.
- Swimming: There is a swimming pool at the academy where players can relax and enjoy a swim after a hard day's training.
- Golf: There are several golf courses in the area around the academy, and players can enjoy a round of golf in their free time.
- Beach activities: The academy is located close to some of the best beaches in Florida, and players can enjoy beach volleyball, surfing, and other activities.
- Sightseeing: The academy is located close to several popular tourist attractions, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and the Kennedy Space Center.
- Shopping: There are several shopping malls and outlets in the area around the academy, providing visitors with a wide range of shopping options.