About John Newcombe
John Newcombe is undoubtedly one of the finest tennis players ever to set foot on a tennis court. His 6 Grand Slam titles including 2 Wimbledon, 2 US Open and 2 Australian singles titles lay testament to his claim. John was also a shining star in Australian Davis Cup Play during its heyday. His most recent tennis accomplishment is leading Australia to the title in 1999 as Davis Cup Captain.
More important than all of his titles, John is recognized as one of the classiest and most likeable personalities in the World of Sports and Celebrity Athletes. He is a true champion in every sense of the word!
Nestled in the rolling Texas Hill Country between San Antonio and Austin, the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch is one of the premier tennis facilities in the world.
The world-class tennis program uses every aspect of tennis training to develop a player's full potential with a strong emphasis on match play and tournament competition. The coaches travel with players to tournaments to observe them in the heat of the battle and then return back to the Ranch to work on areas in need of improvement. Because of their modest size, there is an individualized focus in an Academy setting.
One of the strongest areas of the Tennis Academy is the vigorous and intense fitness program. Phil Hendrie, the Director, is one of the top fitness experts in the United States. He conducts a variety of footwork, speed and endurance training, as well as a weekly weight training program.
The John Newcombe Tennis Ranch offers a unique tennis resort in an intimate setting where you can relax in the country's atmosphere and participate in one of the most successful tennis programs in the country. The special 'team-family-team' environment has to be experienced to be believed. The tennis resort packages are designed to ensure maximum enjoyment and improvement of your game, no matter what is your existing level of play. All in all, this is a vacation you will long remember!
At the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch, the adult tennis programs are unlike any other in the world. Pros entertain you throughout your stay, joining you for meals, having fun on the courts and even singing Karaoke in an Aussie bar in the evenings.
A 4:1 Guest to Pro ratio ensures that everyone receives the ultimate in-group instruction, and private lessons are always available. Two Adult programs lead the way in popularity. Both include all meals and all clinics. accommodations, entertainment, and an official John Newcombe T-Shirt.
John Newcombe Tennis Ranch in Texas is a tennis resort that caters to players of all levels, from beginners to professionals. Here are some tennis activities you can enjoy at John Newcombe Tennis Ranch:
- Tennis Clinics: John Newcombe Tennis Ranch offers a variety of tennis clinics designed for players of all levels. These clinics cover different aspects of the game, including stroke technique, footwork, tactics, and mental toughness.
- Private Lessons: Guests can take private tennis lessons with one of the professional coaches at the resort. These lessons are tailored to the player's level and specific needs.
- Tennis Camps: John Newcombe Tennis Ranch hosts tennis camps throughout the year for players of all ages and levels. These camps offer a mix of on-court training, match play, and off-court activities.
- Cardio Tennis: For guests looking for a high-energy workout, John Newcombe Tennis Ranch offers cardio tennis classes. These classes combine tennis drills with cardiovascular exercises for a fun and challenging workout.
- Pro-Am Tournaments: Guests can participate in Pro-Am tournaments at John Newcombe Tennis Ranch, where they get the chance to play doubles matches with and against professional tennis players.
- Pickleball: In addition to tennis, John Newcombe Tennis Ranch also offers pickleball, a popular racquet sport that is similar to tennis but played on a smaller court.
Play golf at one of the Hill Country Golf Courses located within 10 minutes of travelling distance.
Indulge in watersports
Options for watersport activities are available on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers. The sports include rafting and tubing and the shuttle service is provided from the Ranch.
Plan a visit to Gruene, Texas
A visit to Greune will enable you to witness and experience Antique and Boutique shopping, best-in-Texas music at the Greune Hall and a taste of the culinary at the Historic Gristmill.
The Ranch features:
- 27 hard courts
- 4 clay courts
- State-of-the-art weights training facility
- Camper-style accommodation
- Soccer field
- Basketball court
- Swimming pool
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
Excellent Weekend of Tennis!
Went by myself for the Adult weekend session in November. Hit with Adrian for an hour before the start of the program which was incredibly fun! Adrian and his group of instructors were all excellent...
Beautiful and Relaxing for Able-Bodied People
I was here for a conference. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I shared a condo with a suite-mate. We had plenty of space in a comfortable apartment, private bedrooms, and bathrooms...
Great Tennis Vacation
John Newcombe Tennis Ranch was an excellent tennis experience. Here's what I took away. 1. The tennis program is amazing. We did the 5 day, Monday to Friday, 9-4pm program. Days were planned in...