Located in Truckee (Northstar), The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is convenient to Big Springs Gondola and Lower Woods. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort Golf Course and Northstar California Golf Course.
Tennis at Northstar
The Northstar Tennis Club is where all the action is. There are 10 hardcourts for your enjoyment and the facility is run by Zeke Straw. The tennis program includes adult tennis camps, private lessons, and social round-robins.
Adults have a choice of two-day weekend tennis camp package or a five-day midweek package, each with 3 hours of group instruction each morning. There are various junior tennis camps that last 1-2 hours each day that include drill sessions, peewee clinics, and a 4-hour-a-day advanced camp for intermediate/advanced players. Court hire is available only to those who book camps, or are guests at the Northstar Resort.
Make yourself at home in one of the 170 air-conditioned rooms featuring fireplaces and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property's location to the point of interest or attraction, and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
- Big Springs Gondola - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Lower Woods - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort Golf Course - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Northstar California Golf Course - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Brockway Summit - 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Ponderosa Golf Course - 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
- North Tahoe Marina - 8 km / 4.9 mi
- Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area - 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Old Truckee Jail Museum - 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- Old Jail Museum - 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- Sierra Mountain Cemetery - 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Rocking Stone Tower - 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Old Greenwood Golf Course - 8.6 km / 5.4 mi
- Old Brockway Golf Course - 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
- Truckee Gallery - 9.1 km / 5.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
- Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) - 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Carson City, NV (CSN) - 34.7 km / 21.5 mi
- Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.) - 40.2 km / 25 mi
- Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL) - 43.2 km / 26.9 mi
- Minden, NV (MEV-Minden-Tahoe) - 43.7 km / 27.1 mi
The preferred airport for The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.).
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the convenience of ski-in/ski-out access at this resort, which also features 2 outdoor swimming pools. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort's dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Truckee? This resort has 15,000 square feet (1394 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Accessible bathroom
- Arcade/game room
- Babysitting or childcare
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Children's club
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 15,000
- Conference space size (meters) - 1394
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- In-room accessibility
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms - 10
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of meeting rooms - 10
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Number of restaurants - 5
- Pets allowed
- Roll-in shower
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Shopping on site
- Ski passes available
- Ski storage
- Ski-in/ski-out access
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 170
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Year Built - 2009
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
Fantastic Stay in this beautiful property
Spent 2 nights for an extended week-end at the Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe and also enjoyed a beautiful ski resort and slopes. The property looks great, well maintained, the ladies and gentlemen are at...
Epitome of customer service
On my way to the hotel - less than 1/4 of a mile from the entrance - my car lost control on the snowy/icy road and ended up hitting some poles on the side of the road. My car was stuck in the snow...
It has a pool on the outside. There's good service and good food. There is also valet and ski rental. It is great for ski in ski out. There also is a hot cup with the pool. There is also a spa.There...