The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa is a luxury resort located in Essex, Vermont. The resort is known for its culinary offerings, with an on-site culinary school and a variety of dining options featuring locally sourced ingredients. In addition to its culinary offerings, The Essex features a full-service spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, and a variety of recreational activities.
The resort has over 120 guest rooms and suites, all designed with a rustic Vermont charm. Each room features complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and plush bedding for a comfortable stay.
The on-site culinary school, The Essex Culinary Resort & Spa, offers a variety of cooking classes and workshops for guests to enjoy. These classes cover a range of topics, from baking and pastry to wine tasting and mixology.
The resort also features two restaurants: Junction, which offers farm-to-table cuisine, and Tavern, a casual spot with pub-style fare. Guests can also enjoy the resort's bar and lounge, The Library, which offers craft cocktails and a cozy atmosphere.
Other amenities at The Essex include a fitness center, tennis courts, a golf course, and a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing. The full-service spa offers a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body treatments.
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa offers a range of activities, including:
- Culinary Classes: Take a cooking class with their professional chefs and learn to prepare dishes from around the world.
- Spa Treatments: Relax and rejuvenate with a variety of spa treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps.
- Fitness Center: Stay in shape at their fitness center, equipped with cardio and strength training equipment.
- Golf: Play a round of golf on their 18-hole championship course, with stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Tennis: Enjoy a game of tennis on their outdoor courts.
- Biking: Rent a bike and explore the scenic trails around the resort.
- Hiking: Go for a hike on one of the many trails in the nearby Green Mountains.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Hit the slopes at nearby ski resorts during the winter season.
- Wine Tastings: Attend a wine tasting and sample local wines from Vermont's vineyards.
- Cooking Demonstrations: Watch a cooking demonstration by their chefs and learn new techniques and recipes.
The nearest airports are:
- Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.) - 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Plattsburgh, NY (PBG-Plattsburgh Intl.) - 35.5 km / 22.1 mi
- Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State) - 37.1 km / 23.1 mi
- Plattsburgh, NY (PLB-Clinton County) - 40.8 km / 25.3 mi
The preferred airport for The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa is Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.).
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Additional features at this Victorian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-out. Planning an event in Essex Junction? This hotel has 7782 square feet (723 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a train station pick-up service.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
Lovely hotel in central location
We recently had a great three-night stay at the Essex. We were out and about a lot and in hindsight, I kind of wish we had spent more time at the hotel. The rooms (we had a king and a two queen) were...
Average at Best!
The massages at the spa were amazing but the rest of the resort experience was average at best. The rooms are out dated and damaged, the restaurants were slow and the food was cold, the staff is not...
Some positives, but property is dated
We had reserved a Culinary Queen room (which had been recently renovated) and upon check-in there was no mention of room type. We opened the door to our room and were greeted by a very dated jacuzzi...