With a stay at The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa in Essex Junction, you'll be next to a golf course and minutes from Links at Lang Farm Course, and close to Essex Outlets. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Essex Family Fun & Entertainment Center and Champlain Valley Exposition.
Tennis at The Essex, Vermont
The tennis facility at this getaway spa has 6 Har-Tru courts. There are no court fees for guests or camp participants.
Tennis director Rob Barr and head tennis professional Anders Lundberg run a tennis camp called the Vermont Tennis Vacation. The tennis camp, which runs for 2 or 5-days looks over your technique, match strategy, shot selection, psychology, and movement utilizing fast-paced competitive drills. The tennis program includes includes daily stroke clinics, junior clinics, cardio tennis, mixed scrambles, and events from May to October.
Make yourself at home in one of the 119 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property's location to the point of interest or attraction, and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
- Links at Lang Farm Course - 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Essex Outlets - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Essex Family Fun & Entertainment Center - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Champlain Valley Exposition - 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Links at Lang Farm Golf Course - 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
- Vermont Genealogy Library - 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
- Catamount Outdoor Family Center - 6.5 km / 4 mi
- Old Mill Museum and Park - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Saint Michael's College - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Saint Michael's Playhouse - 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Snowflake Chocolates - 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
- Pizza Putt - 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
- Beverage Warehouse - 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Champlain Mill - 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
- Centennial Field - 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
The nearest airports are:
- Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.) - 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Plattsburgh, NY (PBG-Plattsburgh Intl.) - 35.5 km / 22.1 mi
- Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State) - 37.1 km / 23.1 mi
- Plattsburgh, NY (PLB-Clinton County) - 40.8 km / 25.3 mi
The preferred airport for The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa is Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.).
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Additional features at this Victorian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-out. Planning an event in Essex Junction? This hotel has 7782 square feet (723 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a train station pick-up service.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Accessible bathroom
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 7782
- Conference space size (meters) - 723
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free WiFi
- Free area shuttle
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free self parking
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- In-room accessibility
- Indoor pool
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms - 7
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Outdoor tennis courts - 6
- Pets allowed
- Picnic area
- Roll-in shower
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Ski storage
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Total number of rooms - 119
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Year Built - 1989
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
Average large inn feel
Staff was lovely. Could use some updates in decor. Food in tavern was good but not any noteworthy culinary experience. Cleaned our room very late so was disturbed while trying to nap. Pool and hot...
Easter Brunch 2019
My wife and I went to the Easter Brunch in 2019 and loved it. Already made my reservatoins for April 2020. The venue is large and bright with windows all around except for the entryway. The food was...
I love Vermont during the winter for skiing, and usually go once a year. This past winter we were looking for a place that was less one-dimensional, and also included a great spa and a great culinary...