- Things to do
The first highlight of the academy is its gardens, set around the courts and the main building. Once here you will notice the peace from every corner because our academy is far from the freeway and the noises of the city. Enjoy our maximum quality courts, always ready for you to use thanks to our maintenance team which works to always keep the academy on point.
JC Ferrero-Equelite Sports Academy is located 5 minutes away from Villena and 30 minutes away from the Airport and beach of Alicante. The area of the Academy is 120.000 square metres and is a perfect place for players to achieve their goals. We provide all the best facilities for our players. The best advantage of the academy is the excellent weather throughout the year and the best quality. Furthermore, all court surfaces are available in the same academy, allowing you to work on good tactical play and footwork.
The Juan Carlos Ferrero Equelite Tennis Academy is located in Villena, northwest of the province of Alicante. It borders west with Castilla-La Mancha and Murcia, and at north with Valencia.
The Academy is easily reached. It's located 2 hours from Madrid by train, 30 minutes from Alicante by car, 20 minutes by train from Alicante, or 1 hour from Valencia by car.
Villena is an old city and its most important monument is located at the top of the town: an ancient Arabic castle. The original city center was located at the foot of the imposing fortress.
The lords of the distinguished lineage of los Manueles, Aragón and Pacheco, established the capital of an extensive marquisate during many years, which had an influence on its history. Since then, the surrounding population has been increasing and settling around the nearby farm lands, shaping the Juan Carlos Ferrero Academy to what it is today.
First-class rooms and accommodation options are available for parents and adults in the most exclusive area of the Academy. The restaurant is also separated from the players canteen in order to make you feel comfortable while you are staying and spending quality time with your children.
The Academy is not only characterized by its wonderful sports facilities but also by its peaceful rural hotel “Equelite”. You will find a nice large garden with a pool just a few meters away from the courts. Around this garden there are cozy wooden houses, all available for your to spend afternoons with your family and friends.
This rural hotel is part of the Academy of High Performance, which hosts training sessions for world-class players such as Juan Carlos Ferrero, Nicolás Almagro or Tita Torró. Besides enjoying all the awesome amenities and facilities, you can enjoy a great variety of sports such as tennis, paddle tennis, cycling, running, football or golf at any level.
The wooden houses are ensuite, have a small terrace and views to the garden, television, Wi-Fi, laundry service, air conditioning and private parking.
Apart from tennis, know the other options that Equelite offers you such as rips, transfer from the airports or train stations, residence for parents, studies, etc.
- Short-term Competition
- Under 12 Competition
- Summer Stage Competition
Book for the school for all ages and levels (initiation, pre-competition, adults; special programs for holidays), or enjoy particular classes to complement the daily activity.
Change the racket and practice the trendy sport in Spain: school for all ages and levels, or private lessons. Or even a specific competition program!
We all know the importance of mental strength in sports nowadays. That’s why our sports psychologists are completely qualified to work with young athletes to complement their preparation: group or individual classes, in court or out of it, theorical and practical.
The academy offers specific programs in accordance to your needs: intensive or periodical programs, indivual or in groups, to gain or to lose weight. Besides, we offer the possibility of participating of special programs so teams can prepare their pre-season or even distance programs with tutoring via Skype.
JC Ferrero-Equelite physiotherapy clinic has accredited professionals with strong expertise in the sector and a wide supply of therapeutical massages to prevent or treat injuries. We work with Indiba Activ, tool that help us work on injuries treatment with the latest technology.
Take advantage of your stay with us to learn english or spanish with our teachers.
The Academy colaborates with an international company specialized in helping foreigners in getting their visa. If a player requires these services, the academy will help the player to contact the company.
- Hotel accommodation and restaurant for parents: We have first-class rooms for parents and adults in the most exclusive area of the Academy, as well as a restaurant separated from the players’ canteen in order to make you feel comfortable while you are staying and visiting your children.
- Transportation: We provide you with a transportation service (for transfer or collection) to the airports of Alicante and Valencia, and to the train stations in Villena, Alicante and Valencia. Furthermore, the trips for tournaments are always in the Academy official cars, and always together with the trainer.
- Studies: The players can study during the year with a teacher they are in charge of both Spanish and foreigners. We also offer you the possibility of learning Spanish or English, for those interested in learning the language quickly.
- Bank accounts: We help you with the procedures to open an account in any of the banks of Villena. Moreover, the player could withdraw money from the reception of the Academy whenever he wants, with the authorization of their parents and the Academy.
- Travels: From our Secretary we manage and organize the players’ travels, tournaments, trips or holidays.
- Sports shop: The Academy owns a shop with the essential materials and equipment for the trainings: tennis clothes, trainers, strings, grips, caps, racquets, etc.
- Stringing: We have a quick and effective racquet string service, and a consulting and advising service in case of doubt or change of the racquet.
- Trips: During the year we sometimes go to professional tournaments (Valencia Open 500, Davis Cup, etc.) or to some daily trips, such as Terra Mitica, Aqualandia, Paintball, Karting, etc.
- Internet: There is land connection in the rooms and wi-fi in the common areas of the Academy.
- Laundry: The Academy has a cleaning service in charge of the agile use of washing machines, driers and ironing according to the players’ needs.
The Academy is located in an area of 120,000 square meters, which is a perfect place for players to achievetheir highest level regardless of age group.
Juan Carlos Ferrero-Equelite aims to help players sharpen their tennis skills, dedicating all the facilities exclusively to players of the Academy. Another advantage is the excellent weather which you can enjoy year-round, and it allows trainees to excel even in the most unforgiving conditions.
The Academy is well equipped with top notch facilities to make your stay and tennis experience an unforgettable one. Deluxe accommodation, fine dining facilities and state of the art amenities are a few of the features available at the JC Ferrero-Equelite Tennis Academy.
- 10 Clay Courts
- 7 Hard Courts
- 1 Central Hard Court
- 1 Indoor Hard Court
- 1 Artificial Grass Court
- 3 Indoor Paddle Tennis Courts
- 2 Outdoor Paddle Tennis Courts
- Beach Football / Volleyball Court
- 400m Running Track
- A Football Field with Natural Grass
- A Golf Course & 9 Putting Holes
- Golf Practice Facilities (Bunker, Putting Green, Approach Green, and Chipping Green)
- Technogym Gym
- The players residential area has single and double rooms with full board
- Equelite Rural Hotel
- School Center (Secondary/Bachelor/International)
- Players lounge
- TV room
- Internet cafe and restaurant
- 2 swimming pools with gardens
- Sports shop
- Sauna and jacuzzi
Apart from tennis and sports-oriented activities, there are other options that Equelite offers you such as transfer from the airports or train stations, residence for parents, and other services.
The Academy provides transportation services (for transfer or collection) to the airports of Alicante and Valencia; and to the train stations in Villena, Alicante and Valencia. Furthermore, the trips for tournaments are always organized by the Academy's official cars, and are always chaperoned by a senior trainer.
The Academy helps you with the procedures to open an account in any of the banks of Villena. Moreover, the player could withdraw money from the reception of the Academy whenever he wants, with the authorization of the parents and the Academy.
The Academy manages and organizes the players' travel, tournaments, trips or holidays. Airplane tickets, train tickets, accommodation and all other details can be arranged by the Academy.
The Academy has a quick and effective racquet string service, and a consulting and advising service in case of doubt or change of the racquet. This helps both young and seasoned tennis players understand their racquet and identify when they need to re-string it or change it completely.