Kiawah Island is ten miles of wide, immaculate, oceanfront beach that invites you to stroll or cycle for hours without interruption. Soothing by day, and romantic by night, the beach is complemented by the island’s river, meandering lagoons, pristine marshlands and maritime forests. Each sun-washed day ends beneath a star-studded southern sky. Kiawah Island Golf Resort is a destination like no other. Our guests enjoy world-class accommodations, amenities and recreational facilities so you can fully experience the resort lifestyle.
Kiawah is the South Carolina tennis resort that outperforms the rest—earning top accolades for our facilities and instruction year after year. Named after our Director of Tennis Emeritus, the completely renovated Roy Barth Tennis Center is now under the direction of Roy’s son, Jonathan, who will carry on his father’s respected legacy of emphasizing key fundamentals to take your skills to the next level.
For an unsurpassed player experience, we offer 22 tennis courts, including ten new Har-Tru clay courts, all tucked into the resort’s stunning surroundings and bordered by fragrant oleander, rustling palmettos, swaying pampas grass and vibrant flowers.
Kiawah Island Golf & Tennis Resort is a popular destination for those looking for a luxury vacation experience with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Here are some of the activities you can do at the resort:
- Golf: Kiawah Island Golf & Tennis Resort is known for its five championship golf courses, including The Ocean Course, which has hosted several major tournaments. The courses offer stunning views of the island and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Tennis: The resort has a top-ranked tennis program, with 24 courts available for play, including 10 clay courts and two indoor courts.
- Beach: The resort's 10-mile-long beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports, including surfing, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
- Biking: The island has more than 30 miles of paved bike paths, making it easy to explore the island by bike. Bike rentals are available at the resort.
- Nature tours: The island is home to a variety of wildlife, including alligators, dolphins, and sea turtles. The resort offers guided tours to help guests explore the island's natural beauty.
- Spa: The resort has a luxury spa that offers a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps.
- Dining: Kiawah Island Golf & Tennis Resort has several restaurants and cafes that offer a variety of cuisines, from seafood to Southern barbecue.
- Shopping: The resort has a variety of shops, including a pro shop, boutique clothing stores, and a general store.
- Fitness center: The resort has a state-of-the-art fitness center with cardio equipment, free weights, and group fitness classes.
- Pool: The resort has several pools, including an adults-only pool and a family-friendly pool with a water slide and splash pad.
The preferred airport for Kiawah Island Golf Resort - Villas is Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.) - 31.8 km / 19.8 mi.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. After practicing your swing on the golf course, you can dip into one of the 4 outdoor swimming pools. Additional amenities at this condominium resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and shopping on site. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the condominium resort's many dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 5 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Kiawah Island? This condominium resort has 35,000 square feet (3 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
Beautiful Island, Beaches BUT cleanliness of villas an issue.
First off, Kiawah is a beautiful island and the beaches are great. These Windswept Villas were very central to beach and pool Have enjoyed the local farm stands, restaurants and bike trails, BUT in...
From the moment we entered the room, Horrible!!!
Recently returned from a weekend on Kiawah. The property is beautiful, the views are amazing, the service and attention to detail is horrible. We arrived in our room from an overnight flight and...
Couldnt get out fast enough
The management staff at the Sanctuary was borderline incompetent when it comes to dealing with actual customer service issues. Over a short three night stay, our reservations for dinner, golf, and...