The Brighton Tennis Camp is aimed at the older teenage player looking to develop their tennis and fitness as well learning more about tennis coaching itself. This new, exciting camp takes place on the courts of the University of Sussex just outside the vibrant sea-side city of Brighton, whose location and weather is ideal for tennis. The campus and sporting facilities are superb.There are 6 hard tennis courts, as well as multiple gyms, sports halls and extensive grounds for football and games.
About Jonathan Markson Tennis
The International Tennis Camp was established in 1981 by British Tennis Coach, Jonathan Markson. Top professional players and coaches come together to provide an intensive and stimulating tennis experience.
Jonathan Markson Tennis aims to provide to players of all ages and levels a rewarding and enjoyable tennis experience, where the coaching is serious but fun in an environment that is beautiful and relaxing.
The Brighton Tennis Camp is aimed at the older teenage player looking to develop their tennis and fitness and experience a taster of University campus life. This unique and popular camp takes place on the courts of the University of Sussex just outside the vibrant sea-side city of Brighton, whose location and weather is ideal for tennis.
The campus and sporting facilities are superb. There are
- 6 hard tennis courts.
- Multiple gyms.
- Sports halls.
- Extensive grounds for football and games.
Tennis Camp + Accommodation + Food
Players stay in the student accommodation (single en-suite rooms) and enjoy all meals in the University restaurant.
Tennis Camp without Accommodation
Local players can join the camp on a non-residential basis (with or without lunch) – signing up for a week of intensive tennis coaching.
Extras - English Lessons
A tennis and language programme is available for International students who want to improve their tennis and their English! Choose from 1 hour (Option A) or 2.5 hours (Option B) per day.
Extras - Performance Plus
An additional tennis training programme is available for our players with competition and tournament experience.
- Suitable for 15-21 year olds
- 30-hour 'Core' tennis programme over 6 days
- 6 hard courts
- Video analysis
- End-of-the-week video and summary
- Singles and doubles tournament
- Single en-suite rooms guaranteed (worth £50 per week)
- English lessons provided by native speaking English teachers
- Performance Plus training for Advanced players
- Evening activities (Football, Brighton trips, fitness, mountain bike)
- Sunday London visit (extra charge)
- Gym and fitness class membership (free, upon request)
- Airport transfer (extra charge)
- On-site supervision.
- Wi-fi available.