The package includes
- 10 Pack Multi Visit Program Pass to be used on programs (Tennis Workouts and/or Social Competitions)
- Access to Tennis Workouts & Social Competitions
- An Australian Open guided tour ticket
- Australian Open Merchandise pack (Valued at $100)
Please select your preferred 5 day period when requesting a booking.
The 10 pack Multi Visit Pass gives an opportunity to access and enjoy a variety of Tennis World programs at Melbourne Park. You can use your 10 sessions as your wish. World Tennis programs include: group fitness tennis workouts with a group of 4 other players and a coach. The facility also allows mixing with local players via the social competition (Monday to Thursday). Gymnasium access and court hire are also available ( extra cost applies).
About Melbourne Park
Tennis World, Melbourne Park is one of the two world class tennis facilities which is located in Melbourne. Melbourne Park has been home to the Australian Open since 1988. The Australian Open, previously held at the Kooyong Tennis Club, moved to Melbourne Park to due to the tournament's popularity. Within the first year of the Australian Open’s move to Melbourne Park, attendants increased by 90%. Today, Melbourne Park hosts the Australian Open in January, and an array of different events and activities during the year. Rod Laver Arena, the largest arena at Melbourne Park, and Hisense Arena, the second largest, are home to many concerts and other major events throughout the year.
About Guided Tours
Australian Open Guided Tours are run daily by experienced and knowledgeable Tennis World tour guides. The tours provide a unique behind the scenes experience of Melbourne’s most dynamic sports and entertainment venues, Rod Laver Arena and Margaret Court Arena. Visitors will be taken through the backstage areas used during the Australian Open Tournament including: Tournament Control, the Player Change Rooms used by the world’s top seeded players, inside Rod Laver Arena and onto the Rod Laver Arena floor, the Walk of Champions, Davis & Fed Cup Rooms, inside the purpose built Media Theatrette that hosts the postmatch press conferences during the Australian Open and then into the newly redeveloped Margaret Court Arena.
For the ultimate Australian Open experience enjoy a private lesson with one of Tennis World’s experienced coaches on one of the Show Courts used by players during the Australian Open and receive an Australian Open Merchandise pack to take home.
About Social Competitions
Tennis World Social Competitions are available to both Tennis World members and visitors. Competitions run at both Melbourne Park and Albert Reserve Centres, Monday through to Thursday during the week from 6.30pm – 9.00 pm, and all standards are welcome. With the option of both singles and doubles grades, competitors will find themselves competing against people of a similar standard in a 16 week round robin competition, as well as finals. The Social Competitions are run by experienced and friendly Tennis World Staff who manage the evening competitions, collect the scores and update the ladders and fixtures.
About Tennis Workout
A Tennis Workout is a fun group program that welcomes players of all ages and abilities. With groups split by standard, Tennis Workouts are an on-court program run with one certified Tennis World Coach per court with a group of 4-5 participants.
Tennis Workout Involves
- 45 minute tennis session: 10 minute warm-up and 35 minute Games/Points Play Games and Points Play change from week to week and players are regularly introduced to new activities.
Alternatively, there is an hour Tennis Workout option that is run during the week from 1pm – 2pm, which is called a Tennis Workout Plus and is ideal for the more intermediate to advanced players who want a more intense workout, drills and points play with people of the same standard.
Singles/Doubles Competitions – 2 Players per team, each person plays 1 set of doubles and 1 set of singles (Premier League, A grade, B grade, C grade, Ladies)
Doubles Competitions – 4 Players per team, each player plays 2 sets of doubles and both sets with different partners (All standards)
Fast 4 Competitions – 4 rules: First to 4 games wins, no lets, no add scoring, tie break and 3 games all together (All standards)
Reverse Singles – 2 Players per team, each player plays a set of doubles and two sets of singles.
Tennis World Head Coach: John McCurdy
John McCurdy is the Head Coach at Tennis World Melbourne Park and oversees the High Performance Program and Junior Development Squad training along with managing many private tennis sessions and Junior Performance Holiday Camps. John is both an experienced player and coach.
- ATP tour – best ranking 80 in 1983
- State Coach/State Director of Coaching 1985-1997
- Australian Institute of Sport Head Coach/Program Manager 2002-2005
- Head Coach Australian Open Tennis Academy 2006
- Private Business 2007 – 2011
- Head Coach Tennis World 2012 – present
- Tennis Manager Octagon Worldwide (Australia) 1997-2002
- Deposit – a deposit of 30% of the quoted booking fee must be paid immediately once the booking details have been confirmed by World Tennis Travel.
- Full payment – the remainder of the quoted booking fee is payable prior to the commencement on the day of the function or facility use.
- Cancellation – you may cancel your booking by written notice:
- more than 1 week prior to the day of the function or facility use: and receive a 90% refund;
- less than 1 week prior to the day of the function or facility use (but more than 24 hours prior the start time): and your deposit will be forfeited. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice, the entire quoted booking fee is payable to WTT, on demand.
- Cancellation from World Tennis Travel – WTT may cancel your booking at any time (for example due to weather or internal requirements).In such circumstances any amounts paid to WTT will be fully refunded.
- Pricing – the quoted booking fee is determined by WTT and based on individual requirements. The quoted booking fee is fixed until the expiry date listed on the quote.
- Conditions of use – your use of all facilities located at Tennis World is subject to the “Conditions of Use and Entry”*
- Vacating – All facilities must be vacated by the agreed time of the expiration of the booking. All goods, properties or materials brought in by, or on behalf of the group, must be removed from the venue premises. All facilities must be vacated in the same clean condition as at the commencement of the booking. Failure to comply may incur additional cleaning charges.
- Activities as described – activities that take place during the use of the facility must be as described to WTT at the time of the booking. If there is any discrepancy, WTT reserves the right to terminate the booking immediately.
- Make good – You must make good the cost of any damage or loss caused to any part of the facilities at Tennis World arising out of or in the course of the booking.
- Emergency Evacuations – WTT may conduct emergency evacuation drills at Tennis World on rare occasions. We will do our best to inform you of any expected drills. No refunds or deductions will be given in the case of an evacuation drill taking place during your use of any Tennis World facility.
- Age requirements – Children under 16 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
- Personal Injury - WTT will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any person entering Tennis World (including liability for any injury, loss or damage caused by the negligence of TA or its employees or agents). To the extent permitted by law, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless TA and its employees, representatives and agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, claims, demands, suits and damages whatsoever and howsoever arising resulting from or in connection with an entrant’s use of Tennis World.
“Conditions of Use and Entry”*
- By entering and/or using Tennis World venue or facilities, entrants agree to abide by the following conditions: Entrants acknowledge that they will be exposed to certain risks when using the facilities, including but not limited to physical injury and death. All entrants enter Tennis World at their own risk.
- Entrants authorise TA to obtain medical assistance, treatment and transport as deemed reasonably necessary by TA and acknowledge that they will be responsible for any costs associated with any such medical treatment and/or transportation.
- Entrants must behave appropriately and follow the lawful directions of TA at all times. Derogative comments, abusive language and inappropriate or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If an entrant causes any damage to Tennis World property they must make good the damage.
- TA reserves the right to refuse entry to any person or remove any person from Tennis World.
- Entrants are responsible for their own property at all times. TA does not accept any responsibility for any property that is stolen, lost or damaged in the Tennis World facilities (including the change rooms).
- Entrants must check in with Tennis World reception prior to using the Tennis World courts and facilities.
- Entrants must book (and if applicable, pay) for the use of the courts prior to using the courts.
- Tennis World Members are responsible for the payment of their guests’ fees.
- Entrants must strictly adhere to the allocated time slot and correct court number of their booking.
- Additional court time can be requested through contacting WTT via [email protected]
- Only authorised Tennis World coaches are permitted to provide tennis coaching or lessons at Tennis World. This includes the use of coaching baskets or other coaching equipment on court.
- Entrants must not receive any tennis coaching or lessons at Tennis World except from an authorised Tennis World coach.
- Entrants must wear appropriate attire (including shirts and non-marking footwear on courts) at all times. The use of cameras and other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones) at Tennis World is not permitted without Tennis World’s prior written consent. Security cameras operate within Tennis World.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be filmed. Smoking is only permitted in designated outdoor areas of Tennis World. WARNING: If the Entrant participates in activities at Tennis World, the Entrant has a right to sue TA under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Act)
- if the Entrant is killed or injured because the activities at Tennis World were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in or on this sign.
- NOTE: The change to the Entrant’s rights, as set out in or on this sign does not apply if the Entrant dies or is injured due to gross negligence on TA’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Act.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
City Club Grand Hyatt
I have rejoined the City club at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne and as previously, have always enjoyed the facilities, pool, gym, steam, sauna, etc I have to say that I still do.
The staffs are very...
Great location ..
Hotel has a great location. Very nice lobby (dim lighting at night), and rooms are OK - however, nothing special / over the top. Shower cubicle could do with a deep clean. Breakfast service is...
Great hotel. Excellent location. Good place to stop for a few nights. Large gym, pool and spa. Close to cafes, bars, shops and entertainment. Clean and tidy with all the essentials and friendly...