A holiday at Forte Village, in the heart of Sardinia's lush nature by the wonderful Mediterranean sea, is like stepping into a different world, where everything is designed to offer you unrivalled luxury and relaxation. It is the perfect luxury family resort for a perfect dream holiday. There's no coincidence that Forte Village has been named "World's Leading Resort" for 17 consecutive years by the World's Travel Awards panel of judges.
Nestled amongst 47 hectares of beautiful gardens along a white sand beach on the sunny south coast of Sardinia, this incredible resort offers you a choice of
- 5 Five star hotels
- 3 Four star hotels
- 6 luxury villas
You have a choice of gourmet and buffet restaurants, up to 21 in high season; numerous swimming pools and a charming piazza with fashion boutiques and evening entertainment under the stars. Infants, children and teenagers have so much to do and there is an unparalleled range of sports facilities and tennis academies. Best of all, there is always space to relax and, if you feel in the mood, take time to enjoy the unique treatments and pure luxury of the world class Thalasso Del Forte spa.
Here's how you'll get there
- 45 minute flight from Rome, or;
- 1 hour flight from Milan, or;
- 2 hour flight from London.
It's then 45 kilometers from Elmas Airport in Cagliari to this incredible destination.
Forte Villages offers you different types of accommodation which will fit your needs and expectations. Options include:
- Sea views, while others open out onto luxuriant tropical gardens.
- A terrace or balcony, while others feature a garden patio.
- Near the beach, while others are near the spa.
- Suites practically on the beach, while others are secluded villas with private gardens.
All are exclusive havens of privacy and peace. Created for our most discerning, demanding guests, all offer extra services such as a British-style Butler, Chef or Chauffeur. The utmost discretion and the finest personal service can be relied upon.
Suite guests have breakfast in their room, at Terrazza Cinque Stelle or at the Cavalieri restaurant. Other typical restaurants are available upon reservation without supplement, while some gourmet and a la carte restaurants require a reservation and a supplement.
About Forte Village Tennis Academy
Forte Village is a landmark on the international tennis scene, with a fantastic Tennis Academy, boasting 12 courts - 10 clay, 1 natural grass, and 1 synthetic. Only at this resort you can train with Grand Slam champions. How about a hit with Pat Cash, Jonas Björkman, Paul Haarhuis, Claudio Mezzadri or Karel Novacek?
The tennis courses have been created for players of all ages, from beginners to pros, focusing on aspects as specific as individual shots and amateur playing techniques. Heading up the Tennis Academy is Rocco Loccisano, a former top Australian player with Italian roots and once trainer to Pat Cash.
These are the champions whom you could play tennis with this summer:
- Karel Novacek: 15/06 - 26/06
- Mark Woodforde: 13/07 - 17/07
- Karel Novacek: 20/07 -24/07
- Paul Haarhuis: 27/07 - 07/08
- Claudio Mezzardi: 10/08 - 22/08
- Jonas Bjorkman: 20/07 - 28/07
To help orient students, the Tennis Academy runs a free tennis lesson every Sunday, held by a famous Italian or international professional. Using video technology, they analyze your game to assess your strengths and where you have room for improvement.
Budding young champs can also attend the fun-filled Individual Junior Tennis Academy Camp, an enjoyable place to play and improve their skills, while high-level players can enter Forte Village's exciting weekly singles, doubles, junior and senior tournaments. To round off the week in style, a 'Super Tennis Night' gives students the chance to play with the big stars
Adult Tennis Coaching Camps
- ACTA "Tennis Holiday" Adult Group Coaching Course: 5 days a week, 10 hours of coaching or a more intensive version using the key ACTA coaching philosophy to help players improve all areas of their tennis game. Groups are conducted in small ratios allowing players to enjoy maximum hitting time on court.
- One-on-One Coaching/Private Lessons: 5 private sessions for adults or juniors with one of the ACTA teaching professionals who will help develop key aspects of your game.
- ACTA Dynamic Duo Coaching Course: Special course for couples or friends looking to share their time on court and work as a pair.
- Individual Private Lessons (45 minute sessions) are also available at the Academy.
Junior Tennis Coaching Camps
- ACTA (Arlington County Tennis Association) Junior Tennis Camp Coaching Course: 10 hours of coaching over 5 days for players aged 4-13yrs.
- ACTA "Junior Slam" Performance Coaching Course: 20 hours of coaching over 5 days for players aged 10-16yrs (Aimed at higher level junior players). The course features a specific programme that allows players to develop advanced skills in movement, technique and tactics. Scheduled for the mornings are high intensity drills training and technical work using key ACTA exercises, complimented by an afternoon session of match play and tactical advice.
- ACTA "Teenage Tennis" Coaching Course: Players aged 14y.o. and over can participate in our specifically designed teenage tennis camp which allows players to work on their tennis skills amongst similar age groups juniors. The course runs each afternoon (Mon-Fri) and focuses on teaching players key skills that will enable them to develop their game to a higher level. The course covers both singles and doubles play as well as team games and coaches challenges.
Mental Match Play
MMP (Mental Match Play) is a self-coaching course from the European Tennis Academy which brings together the latest developments in the field of technique and mental training methods. Especially composed music stimulates the player in various different situations during training. which makes bridges between the body and mind.Beginners, hobby players and competition players all have the chance to decisively improve their game within a very short space of time.
MMP is all about:
- A new approach of learning and getting better in tennis
- A holistic training method for active tennis players of all levels
- The only on court self-coaching program with the motivation of music
- From tightness to lightness – you bridge fun and concentration
- Twice much learning during the half time!
Courses are conducted with a unique and homogeneous training method with the same quality attribute in every single destination.
Forte Village resort offers many sporting and non-sporting activities alongside tennis
Thalasso Therapy & Spa
You cannot come to Forte Village resort without paying a visit to the Acquaforte Thalasso Spa named as one of the Leading Spas in the World. A unique and exclusive combination of treatments and therapies makes the Acquaforte Spa the finest place to unwind and tune into the natural equilibrium between body and mind.
Water Sports & Diving (including Padi Course)
Visit the Boat House on the beach at Forte Village and you'll find everything you could need to have fun on the water - catamarans, canoes, pedals, windsurf boards and dinghies. The sea around Forte Village is a diver's paradise. You can weave your way around corals, rocks, sponges, octopus and scorpionfish, perhaps coming across the odd wartime wreck too! At Forte Village you can also take beginner or advanced diving courses to gain your PADI licence.
Triathlon & Cycling
The ideal territory to approach this fast growing sport, combined with training or an International Triathlon Competition on October 26th. The presence of coaches and personal trainers throughout the opening period, provides technical support for all levels. The rest is done by nature and passion.
With 47 hectares of land, Forte Village offers many cycle paths to explore that wind their way through the beautiful surroundings. You can hire a bike from Reception and explore the resort's secret corners, through the peace and quiet of pine groves and gardens in bloom, and along the panoramic paths: there are no vehicles in Forte Village to disturb you. Young riders, too, can safely set off on intrepid adventures, without ever having to leave the resort's grounds.
The 27-hole Is Molas Golf Club has hosted four Italian Opens and a European Volvo Masters event and is considered to be one of the most high-tech courses in the Mediterranean, and without a doubt one of the most beautiful. The greens and bunkers are similar to those found in the USA and its fairways are set in wonderful lush green surroundings. The light breeze that blows off the hills all around you makes it the ideal climate for this sport.
The Forte Village is the perfect place for lovers of retail therapy. At the heart of the resort, Piazza Maria Luigia offers the foremost names in Italian and international fashion, including Armani, Gucci, Valentino, Fendi, Agnona, and Loro Piana. Forte Village also offers a Style Advisor Service.
The Tennis Academy offers professional training, enthusiasm and experience of great international champions, and by taking part you will benefit from personalized training sessions, and useful advice on how to improve your team and individual skills. In addition, as you play, you will be given the extraordinary opportunity of being observed by top professionals. Tennis courses provide everything you need to improve your skills, surpass your limits and enjoy a totally unique experience.
Forte Village hosts the following academies: Tennis, Netball, Basketball, Chelsea football Academy, Rudby, Cricket, Swimming, Bike, Triathlon, Boxing and Killerspin Table Tennis Academy.
If you want to play a round of golf in spectacular natural surroundings, Forte Village is the resort for you.
There is a driving range, a pitch and putt area and the spectacular 27-hole Is Molas Golf Club course, just a short drive away. No other resort can offer you all this.
Among the extraordinary new things which the Forte Village has to offer in 2015, including paddle tennis. Similar to tennis, squash and racquetball, paddle tennis is easy to learn and fun for all your family.
The gym, set across two floors, is designed to maximize time in the facility. The separate zones offer different approaches to each part of your workout and are filled with the most appropriate pieces for equipment. The space benefits from vast floor to ceiling windows that draws in the surrounding landscape to create relaxing yet luxurious and motivational training environment.
You can also take part in the Zumba, Total Body Workout and Aquagym classes.
- Zumba is a group fitness class that combines the rhythms and movements of Afro-Caribbean music with traditional aerobic moves. Zumba classes take place every morning from 23rd June to 5th September in the sports area. Water fitness addicts, be sure not to miss the Zumba Pool Party!
- Every day from 5.30pm throughout July and August you can also take part in the Total Body Workout classes, a training session aimed at working the entire body and toning the shoulder, arm, abdomen, buttock and leg muscles.
Chelsea Football Club Soccer School
No young football fan would want to miss a chance like this. If you're children are between 4 and 14, they can join the Chelsea Football Club Soccer School, the London team's football school. Back for another season, Chelsea FC coaches will be there to teach football to football fans - boys and girls - with intensive, focused training sessions.
The Acquaforte Thalasso Spa, with its thalassotherapy centre and an exclusive package of spa treatments, is one of the few very special "Leading Spas of the World".
The Italian school of thalassotherapy was founded at this centre. The Forte thalassotherapy treatment is based on the combined action of factors like the sun, pleasantly warm temperatures, seawater, and marine mud activated by the sun and by magnesium salt. The latter, together with sodium chloride, gives the water a unique natural saline density found in no other natural water, and it has exceptional therapeutic properties.
The spa includes Thalasso therapy services, Ayurvedic Park (Garden dedicated to Ayurvedic Medicine), Medical Spa including Pain Laser Therappy and therapeutic treatment, Wellness and Thalasso Circuit, Massages, Spice for Life , Selam, Beauty Treatments, Herbalist services and a Health Bar.
A unique and exclusive combination of treatments and therapies makes the Acquaforte Spa the finest place to unwind and tune into the natural equilibrium between body and mind.
If you want to take a dip or dive into some freshwater for a change, you can try one of the three Oasis pools in the heart of the resort. For Hotel Castello, Villa del Parco, Hotel Le Dune and Suite guests, there are also two heated freshwater pools close to the sea. And finally, in Children's City you'll find two more shallow pools so that kids can play in total safety. Forte Village has 9 pools in all so that everyone can have fun in the water.
Restaurants and Bars
The Forte Village offers a choice of 21 restaurants where you can enjoy fine Italian and world cuisine prepared by our Resort Chefs: try the sublime cookery of Gordon Ramsay, winner of 7 Michelin stars, or the Belvedere restaurant, the jewel in the crown, which serves some of the most exclusive dishes from traditional Italian and regional cuisine.
As for entertainment, the starlit Sardinian evenings form the backdrop for our open air shows featuring a host of Italian and international entertainers. It's the ideal setting for getting to know other guests and making new friends.And that's not all: days at the Forte Village wind down with a cocktail at one of our bars, then on to the nightclub where 400 people take to the floor every evening to dance the night away.
Facilities and services for children
There is a Wonderland Themed park for children, themed rooms for children, Barbie at Forte Village, A shop with children item's, Babysitting service, U-club for teenagers, Children's restaurant, Sport activities & Academies.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
Great location, really pleasant and clean rooms, but the thing that makes this such a good place to stay are the staff. All of the people are incredibly helpful and generous with their time and advice
Forte village Cagliari Sardinia
Luxurious holiday resort with an extensive array of things to do on the resort for children and adults alike. Wonderful restaurants. Clean, white beaches to walk on, relax beside the Mediterranean...
We stayed at the Hotel Castello within the Forte Village Resort. It is a large resort but so well laid out in that you dont feel like there were lots of people. Great system for reserving loungers...