This 4-star resort is within the vicinity of Curry Hammock State Park and Long Key State Park. Located midway down the Florida Keys on the tropical 60-acre island of Duck Key. Hawks Cay Resort offers some of the world's best fishing, exciting water sports, dolphin interaction programs at the reaserch centre, a saltwater lagoon, five gorgeous swimming pools and a variety of luxurious accommodations, including guest rooms, suites and villas. Plan a vacation with your family and friends where you can dine in unique restaurants and relax in a full-service spa, while kids and teens have fun. All this in the casual, relaxed pace of the Keys.
Tennis at Hawks Cay Resort
The tennis programs at the newly renovated Tennis Garden offers a carefully structured curriculum of instruction, drills, practice and playing time built around your skills, strengths and weaknesses in a relaxed atmosphere, resort location, and plenty of free time to enjoy yourself!
The tennis facility is run by Hannah Thompson, a former nationally ranked player in the UK and in the US. The program features morning adult clinics, cardio tennis, and family tennis classes throughout the week as well as private and group lessons. The staff also arranges singles and doubles matches. Children are not forgotten with kids programs (by levels, from 4 to 13+) twice a week as well as a once weekly junior day and tournament. There are no court fees for guests and on the 8 courts made up of; 2 Hydrocourt, 2 Har-Tru (with lights), and 4 hard.
Make yourself at home in one of the 292 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Cable television is provided for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and irons/ironing boards, and you can also request cribs/infant beds.
Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property's location to the point of interest or attraction, and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
- Dolphin Research Center - 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Curry Hammock State Park - 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
- Long Key State Park - 9.8 km / 6.1 mi
- Captain Hooks Marina and Dive Center - 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
- Conch Air - 14.6 km / 9.1 mi
- Island Hoppers Aerial Adventures - 14.6 km / 9.1 mi
- Crane Point Museum and Nature Center - 17.9 km / 11.1 mi
- Sombrero Beach - 18 km / 11.2 mi
- Anne's Beach - 18.9 km / 11.7 mi
- The Turtle Hospital - 20.7 km / 12.8 mi
- Pigeon Key Foundation - 22.7 km / 14.1 mi
- Seven Mile Bridge - 23 km / 14.3 mi
- Bud n' Mary's Dive Center - 28.8 km / 17.9 mi
- Hurricane Monument - 31.3 km / 19.5 mi
- History of Diving Museum - 33.9 km / 21.1 mi
The preferred airport for Hawks Cay Resort is Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.) - 129.9 km / 80.7 mi.
- Sundance Watersports
- Experience the mangrove islands, reef and clear waters at your own speed. Take a guided tour by jet ski, board a sunset cruise (or rent a boat), try snorkeling or stand-up paddling.
- Otherside Kiteboarding
- You'll be hooked the moment an island breeze lifts your kite, sweeping you across the water. The certified instructors offer beginner and intermediate classes, plus ride-alongs for experienced boarders.
- Dive Duck Key
- Prepare to explore the only living coral reef in the continental U.S. Experienced divers, join a shipwreck or night dive; families, glimpse a rainbow of tropical fish on a guided SNUBA® excursion. Certification and refresher courses available too.
- Florida Keys Fishing Charters
- The dock puts you within reach of the reef, the Gulf Stream, backcountry flats and the hard-fighting, great-tasting species that inhabit them. The expert Florida Keys fishing Captains are ready to help anglers of all levels reel in a trophy catch!
- Dolphin Connection
- Visit Dolphin Connection, the onsite dolphin research facility to interact with our pod of Atlantic bottlenose Dolphins. Dolphin encounters for all ages, dockside and in-water, are available.
- Coral Cay Activities and Adventure
- Give your kids their own piece of Florida Keys to enjoy! They can splash around in the swimming pools, eat delicious food, and participate in programs and events. The kids will love Coral Cay Club and the whole family will fall for this Florida Keys vacation.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 5 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort's 6 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 4 bars/lounges or 3 poolside bars. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in Duck Key? This resort has facilities measuring 20000 square feet (1858 square meters), including conference space. Free self parking is available onsite.
TripAdvisor® Traveler Reviews
We stayed in a villa as part of the Hawks Cay Resort. Although we initially had some challenges getting the appropriate accommodation (as we were initially placed in a villa that did not have as many...
Good times had by all
Good times were had by all at the Hawks Cay Resort. There was a Leap Year Party while we were there at the Angler and Ale restaurant (with a very Happy Hour btw), which was event of the year on Duck...
Our whole family loved Hawks Cay! There is something to do for everyone. The facilities are clean, the restaurants have great food and of course the views are outstanding! We cant wait to come here...